Soda Card???

Mbouck1

Hi Mike,

They do indeed have a soda card - they put a sticker on your room key and give you an insulated travel cup. Bring a larger one on board with you if you are a soda fiend or you will be seeking lots of refills ... Many people have decided it's not worth it b/c they don't drink enough soda to make up the cost, so check prices when you get on board and do the math based on how many you'll consume in a day.

No need for a coffee card as coffee is available constantly in buffet restaurants. If you're looking for espresso/cappucino, you can pay for them at the coffee bar or get them FREE with your meals!

Hope you have a great cruise!

Basically the soda card is only worth it if you drink more than like four soda's per day per person. Purchasing a soda is currently 2.01 a piece. If you are one that doesn't drink a lot of water, you can bring on board a couple of bottles of water and then bring with you some of those flavor packets that are the exact size to flavor a bottle of water. Then when you are done, just rinse and repeat.

I have read several times where people have said they got a coffee card that provided them "upgraded" coffee. The coffee you get in the main dining rooms and buffet is not the greatest, but not the worst either. I have honestly never seen one or been offered one on any cruise we have been on (a coffee card I mean). Some ships, ie the Pearl, have a specialized coffee machine in the buffet area and I can not wait to find it when we board her this coming October.

One last suggestion is.. you actually can take your own soda's onboard with you if you want. We have taken sodas and bottled water and not has any issue at all. If you are flying into the port you are leaving from, you can ask your taxi driver to stop at a grocery store, convience store, etc and let you run in and purchase a case or two so you don't have to carry them on the plane. I have heard of taxi drivers refusing to do that, but I believe that was because the taxi's in that city charged a flat rate from the airport to the pier. If that is the case where you are porting from, then you could just buy soda's on the first part of your cruise and buy sodas in the first port you come to. With rare exception, there should be some place close to the pier in the ports you stop to get sodas.

Hope you have a great cruise. Come back here and tell us about it when you get back.

Archived