Advice on taking a 7yr Old on Aurora, Spain, Portugal & Canaries

ladyincement

We are looking at the above cruise for August 2018. Daughter will be 7 & will maybe do kids clubs on sea days, however I can't see many other activities for children besides the pool. Can someone advise me on what other activities there are for her age please?

Also is there any evening entertainment for children? Not too late, but as on holiday we would want to let her stay up till 9.30/10.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

We have a 7 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. Have not been on aurora so cannot comment on the ship itself.

The kids club generally opens all day, shutting for an hour at lunch and tea time. We can't keep our two out of them. They close quite late at night, can't remember the time but it is late.

An example of our typical day is get up have breakfast, shore exploration, back on board afternoon, kids go to the club or we go swimming, kids tea in the buffet restaurant at 5pm, kids go back to kids club and we have a nice relaxed meal in the restaurant. After the meal we get the little one as she likes the shows, ask if big one wants to come, get the usual answer of "no". At 9 pm the kids club tend to quieten things down and put on a DVD and turn the lights low. We normally phone about 9:30pm for the big one to see if he wants to leave. He normally does leave at this point.

Other than the pools and kids clubs there isn't a great deal else to do for children. They do have events mainly during sea days such as family bingo, learn to juggle. At 7pm there is normally a family disco in one of the show lounges. Sometimes there are one off activities. One year a drama teacher produced a performance of Annie with kids from the club. Another year there was a drumming instructor onboard whom taught a drumming routine. On our last few cruises a arsenal football coach has been onboard doing football sessions.

Our kids love the sail away parties especially the British themed one. Our seven year old has never been bored whilst on a cruise. Sorry if it's a bit rambling but feel free to get in touch if there's anything I can help with. 9is

My son is now 19 but he loved children's club on P&O having started out in the 4 to 8 club and progressed his way to teenager club. Our experience of them has always been positive and on port days he couldn't wait to get back on board so he could return to club. We always knew he was happy and safe there and on the few occasions we would see him it was good to see him happy in the company of other children.

Hi all, probably a silly question, but do the kids club give the kids drinks, or do we have to pop back and forth with them? Also in case of emergency or the kids want you, how does the kids club get hold of you? This is our first cruise so apologies if the questions are daft.

Hi all, probably a silly question, but do the kids club give the kids drinks, or do we have to pop back and forth with them? Also in case of emergency or the kids want you, how does the kids club get hold of you? This is our first cruise so apologies if the questions are daft.

There are no daft questions foodie06, especially when it's your first cruise. Yes, they provide them with drinks, just water and maybe squash. Have to say I've never known it happen, but I guess they would put a call out over the tannoy, such as "Could Mrs Foodie06 please come to the kids' club?". When you register your child for the club they will tell you how they make contact with you if the child wants you or in an emergency. My children were in their teens when we started cruising, but they loved the club. Daughter is now too old, son is very happy that he will still be young enough (just) for our cruise this summer. The staff are lovely, very caring and make sure every child feels welcome, safe and included. I hope you have a wonderful cruise - it's very addictive!

There are no daft questions foodie06, especially when it's your first cruise. Yes, they provide them with drinks, just water and maybe squash. Have to say I've never known it happen, but I guess they would put a call out over the tannoy, such as "Could Mrs Foodie06 please come to the kids' club?". When you register your child for the club they will tell you how they make contact with you if the child wants you or in an emergency. My children were in their teens when we started cruising, but they loved the club. Daughter is now too old, son is very happy that he will still be young enough (just) for our cruise this summer. The staff are lovely, very caring and make sure every child feels welcome, safe and included. I hope you have a wonderful cruise - it's very addictive!

Thank u so much for answer, that's good news. Had visions of us being up and down the kids club constantly. Hoping the boys enjoy it as much as yours did. They r very very excited...as am I haha! :D