Book P & O cruise to Norwegian Fjords now or wait

decaflady

We want to book a P & O cruise to Norwegian Fjords in May/June/July for 6 adults and 4 young children - one of them under 2 years old. Is it best to book now or would it be wiser to book later and maybe get a lower price? If we were travelling as a couple without the family I think we would wait in the hope of getting a bargain.

It's difficult to say- we often wait until passengers have paid in full, when prices might go down, but then you don't usually have the option of choosing your cabin. As there are 6 + 4, this might be a reason to book early. We're happy enough in a guaranteed cabin, but we're aware that every ship will have unpopular cabins, say under a deck or disco., which might be the last minute cut price ones- so far we've been lucky! If you want to be close to each other, you're might be better off booking before...

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

With a large family such as yours, I would book soon so that you will have a choice in cabins.

If the price goes down before final payment, you can have your TA call and request the lower price.

Something else to keep in mind -- the cruise lines only allow so many children on a cruise. If that quota is hit before you book, then you will be out of luck. Also, sailings will be closed when the number of adults and children for lifeboat totals has been reached.

Thank you for your replies they, I appreciate your help. I think you are both right and we should book as soon as we can. The important thing is to enjoy a lovely family holiday while three generations can still have fun together.