Drinks package start time?

jazzmanfive

Hi

Going on a costa cruise in April (first costa cruise) and have purchased the all inc. drinks package.

I have received my tickets for the cruise and the drinks package is included on the ticket but it also states "dining room 11pm" can anyone tell me what that means.

I hope that is not the time the drink package starts, my wife will be tearing her hair out if she has to wait that long to start her nightly 10 pints worth. :D

Thanks

Gary M.

Gary,

We wondered that on our first cruise. No need to worry, the cards will be there on your bed in your cabin on arrival, so you can find said cabin, pick up the cards and go and choose your first cocktail. Check that Costa have got it right and that 'extra extra' is printed on the cards, otherwise you will annoyingly have to queue at customer services with some proof of purchase of the package. Hasn't happened to us! Hope you managed to beat the price rise and enjoy paying the 19.50 deal, 4 euros less than you would if you bought it now. I think that deserves another cocktail, to leave time for your cases to be delivered to the cabin.

I would guess that the dining room bit refers to your cabin steward picking up the card, but I am guessing. The package is amazing value even at 23 euros. Enjoy.

Mike

Hi

Going on a costa cruise in April (first costa cruise) and have purchased the all inc. drinks package.

I have received my tickets for the cruise and the drinks package is included on the ticket but it also states "dining room 11pm" can anyone tell me what that means.

I hope that is not the time the drink package starts, my wife will be tearing her hair out if she has to wait that long to start her nightly 10 pints worth. :D

Thanks

Gary M.

Hi there

We did our 1st Costa cruise about 15 months ago, and we have done a couple with other cruise lines in-between.

The deal with the all inclusive package is fantastic, and if I remember correctly there is no given start time for you to obtain your 1st drinks, but as another member mentioned make sure your card is marked for a/inc otherwise like us you will have to go to the help desk to get it sorted out.

You can also get soft drinks, coffees and if going on excursions water to take ashore, although I did see on here that someone mentioned they were told they would have to pay for the water, so make sure you take some bottles from the bar to your room when you retire, then if you are going ashore you will have some to take with you. Please note any drinks taken from the Mini Bar in stateroom are chargeable We are off on 25th April on Serena from Barcelona - Western Med :)

Hope you have fun on your 1st Costa cruise WE DID !!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

Thanks

Gary M.

Also, the AI drinks package is available until you leave the ship on your last day.

Hi there

You can also get soft drinks, coffees and if going on excursions water to take ashore, although I did see on here that someone mentioned they were told they would have to pay for the water

They did this on one shore excursion they had a table setup selling water bottles were the excursion meetup and that was pay only. So before heading for the excursion meetup and if you have a backpack or something like that get a few waters at the bars. Also on the last day you can get a water for the trip home.

I always asked for small bottles and they never opened them.