Cabins with whitewalls

jc4uk

Going on first Disney cruise in November on the Magic, in process of booking.

Agent indicates that the 6A category is the best UNOBSTRUCTED Balcony cabin available on this sailing (based on our price criteria).

I see that 6A cabins evidently have a whitewall. Do all 6A cabins have such a whitewall? From what I've read, these whitewalls are quite high and would seem to represent an OBSTRUCTED view, in my opinion.

My Brother-in-Law has already changed us to a 5B category, but I was wondering about this whitewall issue, and whether such a change is advantageous.

Thanks, looking forward to my first cruise with Disney and in the Caribbean.

JC in Orlando

Edited by jc4uk

What your agent is referring to is that there are some cabins which sell as cat 7 because they have a minimally obstructed view due to a metal piece of the ship being seen. These were originally classed as cat 5 and cat 6 but were recategorized when passengers complained about the "obstruction." I've cruised in one of these cabins, and honestly if I didn't know it was cheaper and looked for the "obstruction," we might not have even noticed it.

No, the whitewall balconies are not considered an obstruction as you know exactly what you are getting when you book one.