Progresso land excursion for first timer

Hiroler77

Ok. i have read many posts about the land excursions in progresso and now im confused. Im a forst time cruiser and im just looking to relax. I dont want to pay for something that is not worth it. If anyone that has recently traveled there can tell me what they did, how much they paid and what was all incluoded, it would be much appreciated. Thank you ahead of time for anyone that responds.

By and large, most excursions tend not to be relaxing unless you do a beach break type package. In Progreso, the beach is right where you disembark the ship, well actually, it's at the end of an amazingly long pier from where you disembark!

For relaxation you may want to just take a stroll down the Malecon (boardwalk), and then end up back at the west end (closest to pier) and do a beach day on that end at Eladio's Restaurant. They have outdoor dining on the sand, chairs in the shade and sun, cocktails, restrooms, etc. Or take one of the excursions that is geared towards a beach day or beach break - you'll have a fancier facility and a bit nicer beach.

Even if drinking is your primary reason for visiting a foreign port, the Corona Beach Party excursion is not worth it. The Progreso beach is a public beach for everyone. Beer along the Malecon is usually $2.00. Further in town, maybe a buck.

Even if drinking is your primary reason for visiting a foreign port, the Corona Beach Party excursion is not worth it. The Progreso beach is a public beach for everyone. Beer along the Malecon is usually $2.00. Further in town, maybe a buck.

I agree. Corona Beach definetly not worth it. The beach is free and drinks and food are cheap. Find a nice shaddy spot anywhere along the beach walk, take a seat and enjoy.

• 1 month later...

Archived