Ferry from Seattle to Vancouver?

Tarheelbelle

Lynn,

In 2000 there wasn't one a ferry between Seattle and Vancouver. But there is a ferry from Vancouver to Victoria and a ferry from Victoria to Seattle. I think that there is a bus ride involved to get you between the two ferry terminals because they dock on the opposite ends of the island. I understand that it is almost an all day affair.

Another alternative you might consider is taking the Amtrack betweem Seattle and Vancouver. The scenery is spectular along Puget Sound and there is a dining car with huge picture windows to add to the fun. The train took us around 3-4 hours.

No there is NO ferry between Seattle & Vancouver.

the easiest way to get from the Seattle airport to Vancouver to either the cruise ship dock or any of the major hotels is a bus service called "Quick Shuttle" that runs 5 times per day direct from the Seattle airport.

http://www.quickcoach.com

you can also rent a car and drive it.

the train is great only if you are staying overnight in Seattle as the 1 train per day (that comes all the way to Vancovuer) leaves Seattle for Vancovuer at around 6am. I know when you look at the AmTrack schedule it looks like they have more trains per day but read the fine print and you will find that the other departure times you are travelling at least part of the way by bus.

Hope the above helps

Archived