Carnival Miracle

kpse4

We took our cruise on December 12, 2004. It was my childrens first. They had a really good time and the kids camp was pretty good. My oldest got "dizzy", but per our pediatrician we gave her Benadryl and that seemed to help. Our room felt kind of small. There was not as much drawer space as I remember. A couple of things of note... The toilets on the ship when flushed would get stained with something. I'm not sure what it was, but each time you flushed it got worse. There were many broken handles on stall doors. The paint on quite a few of the tables by the pool has all peeled off. However by far the worst thing on the ship was the day we stopped in Belize. My family and some friends we met were at the back of the ship having bfast. My kids came over and had all this black stuff in their hair. After further investigation, I found it to be all over the deck, in the pool, and still raining down from the smoke stack. Not just dust, but huge chunks as well. We were not given a straight answer as to what the substance was, only "we have to look into it". So my moral is try not to tan in the back of the ship.

kpse4, Sorry about all the black stuff. How old are your kids? Just wondering if you noticed the teen activities? I am also wondering about the kids getting sea sick. Did you notice alot of people getting sick and is it usually at the beginning of the cruise? Thanks

To answer both posts...

No I don't think you have anything else to worry about. The food was great. Drinks were tasty. Good deals in the shops. Getting off the ship in Tampa was absolutely a breeze. We were in the airport waiting for our plane by 10am. Our flight wasn't until 3pm.

As far as teen programs I did not notice. My kids are 6,7. They do have teen disco time and there is a game room open 24 hours. But I don't know about organized activities. I personally saw no one getting sick. My wife has a problem with it and she only took Bonine once. Speak to your pediatrician about seasickness. Ours told us that they could not take seasick stuff only the Benadryl.

Do not get conned into paying for an excursion in Grand Cayman if all you want to do is enjoy 7 mile beach. The beach is open to the public and the cab driver will drive you to a lovely spot with change rooms for $3 per person. We were taken advantage of by the ship and paid almost $100 to be taken to a not so nice, crowded hotel.

We had no problems on the ship. Lots of cupboard space (we had 2 kids with us) and no discoloration of the toilet but did have the same black stuff at the back of the ship the day we were in Belize.

Enjoy!

Archived