Price

Scarlett09

Definition of a "Good Deal"" courtesy of PG;

Always get R/T Air Included at no charge!

No matter which cruise you choose,pay for the bottom "F" Porthole Category and make them give you an upgrade to Category "C" at minimum, with no additional charge.(Accomplish this by playing their game!Just hold out,delay, it's like buying a car!)

And if your not using American Express,you will be charged a 3% Foreign Transaction Fee on your CC because their bank is in Ireland.So it is a goood idea to pay for everything at once ie;cruise,excursions and anything else so that when you CC gets hit 2 weeks later,you can fax them a copy of your online statement and be reimbursed that entire 3% either by a PG check in the mail or have them post it as a stateroom credit that may be used toward the SPA or shopping on the ship!The 3% can add up quickly to $100's of $'s!!:)

I did the above just 2 months ago and was very successful!

I just looked up the price for the cruise, it is $3197 for porthole, +tax. This is for May 2011.

Do you think this is a good deal?

I won't need the airfare as I am not coming from North America.

Thanks!

$320 pp per day is not a bad deal.If it were me,I would go for the upgrade and then "book it",especially since air is not involved.Since that is the F Category,an upgrade to E is minimal cost or perk from PG.D Category will give you a small balcony but C Category is what you want for your money.

They will do it!Play the game!Good luck.

How do you do this? Do you deal with the Cruise Line directly, or through a travel agent?

I'm also wondering about the differences between the Princess cruise vs the PG cruise experience? We are not scuba folks. DH would like to deep sea fish though.

How do you do this? Do you deal with the Cruise Line directly, or through a travel agent?

I'm also wondering about the differences between the Princess cruise vs the PG cruise experience? We are not scuba folks. DH would like to deep sea fish though.

Hi Trixiee,

For this particular company and itinerary,I found it much to my benefit to communicate directly.Nicole Deardorff heads up reservations and ultimately makes all final decisions with regard to your reservation.Shawna Orendorff is responsible for all air arrangements.She was extremely helpful when obtaining locations/seating on each flight for my trip.

Tom

There are excellent TAs that know the ship intimately. And they will give you some kind of deal--either a rebate, or a shipboard credit. They will also give you honest advice about particular cabins.

Unfortunately we can't recommend someone to you, it's against the rules.

Just make sure ifyou use a TA that they know the ship.

Thanks very much Tom. I work very hard for my money, and want the best experience possible!

Trixiee,

Just for the heck of it,I contacted my T/A to confirm who can get the best deal.My deal for 5/22-6/5 E FIJI was $5680 for Category B,roundtrip air included and a $200 Stateroom credit.(Single Traveler).The T/A was twice the cost and could only offer a $500 rebate.

This is the same T/A that gets me an additional 12% discount off any Princess Cruise best offer so I know she is good.:)

Tom

Archived