Just off Voyager of the Seas 1/15-1/22

chriscamp

We are set to sail on the Voyager 2/5. I'm glad you had a wonderful time. We are really looking forward to it. I'm assuming you had children with you - what are their ages and do you have any tips regarding children's activities, meals etc? My children are 2 & 10. We are probably going to do the dolphin encounter in Nassau and rent a car in St. Thomas (sightseeing and the beach). Do you have any recommendations for any of the ports? Thanks for your tips!:)

The ship was in great shape. We had ok weather,cool in Miami, wonderfull in Labadee, cool and cloudy in Jamacia. We were not able to stop in Grand Cayman due to the high winds and rough seas. This was a major disappointment, we had planned to scuba dive and swim with the stingrays.

My boys are 16, 12 and 9. The 16yr old was out untill 2:00am most evenings in the teen disco, but my other kids really didn't use the kids clubs much.

This will be my first mega-ship carribean cruise and we're hitting the western portion with OchoRios, Cozumel, Grand Cayman etc. We're not "lay-on-the-beach" people and are more interested in activities. I know of the falls in Jamaica and the ruins in Cozumel but are there any tips for these excursions or other "must-do" activities for those who can't sit still?

Our kids are not really sit on the beach people eather. In Labadee we took the guided Jet Ski tour. It was very informative! The group stopped a couple of times and the guide explained Hati. It was amazing to see how they live.

In Jamaca we hired a private tour with Trevor Hudlin, this included Duns river falls (excellent) and almost a 2 hour drive through the country. We also stopped at an excellent restaurant Bi Bi Bops directly on the ocean. They will also take you river tubing if you would like.

Grand Cayman - due to high wind and rough seas we were not able to stop. This was a major disappointment We were scheduled to Scuba Dive and swim with the stingrays.

Cozumel - My son and I went scuba diving with eagle ray divers (local shop), but the rest of the family had to scramble after the missed port in Grand Cayman. They really wanted to snorkel and see the sights. The only ship excursion that was open was a jeep / cave snorkel adjentury in cancun. They enjoyed it, but it was 8 hours long and left no time for shopping in Cozumel.

I hope this helps!!

This will be my first mega-ship carribean cruise and we're hitting the western portion with OchoRios, Cozumel, Grand Cayman etc. We're not "lay-on-the-beach" people and are more interested in activities. I know of the falls in Jamaica and the ruins in Cozumel but are there any tips for these excursions or other "must-do" activities for those who can't sit still?

Stingray City is a must in GC, if you like snorkelling. My 7 year old daughter and 12 year old son loved it, as did I.

My family has booked both 9394 and 9694 so we can have the whole back of the boat. How were the cabins? since we will have 2 adults and 3 children (ages 3 to 11 in each cabin). How was the balcony? and since you were in 9394 is their any tub on the balcony?

Glad you had a good time.

My family has booked both 9394 and 9694 so we can have the whole back of the boat. How were the cabins? since we will have 2 adults and 3 children (ages 3 to 11 in each cabin). How was the balcony? and since you were in 9394 is their any tub on the balcony?

Glad you had a good time.

9394 is great, it's nice to have 2 bathrooms. There are no tubs on the balconies, only a tabe w/ 4 chairs and 2 lounge chairs. The balcony is huge, it is larger than our cabin on our Disney cruise! We did experience some of the soot problems that you may have read about. I assume it is from the trash insinerator. It wasn't a huge issue, but you do need to look at the chairs before you sit down. The stateroom attendant would put towels on the balcony chairs each day, but you may need to turn them over before you would sit down.

Remember that the balcony above looks directly down onto yours!

Chris:)

Archived