Teens in Tahiti at Christmas?

Cruising Canuck

All the posts I've read regarding the TP cruise indicat it's for couples and adults.

Our family of 3 (hubby, me and 16 year old daughter) are thinking of doing the New Year's Cruise in December /05.

Has anyone been on a Christmas/New Year's cruise in this region before? Are there typically more kids on board at that time?

I'm not looking for something that is teeming with kids - but it would be nice if there were a few kids for my daughter to hang out with when she's not on shore with us.

Any insights or advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated - our family has done the Caribbean for the past 4 years and quite frankly are looking for something different than a mega-ship that goes to all the Caribbean islands.

Thanks!

Our family (with 2 children) did the TP March 2004. Boys were 18 and 12 then. There was only 2 or 3 other children on board that sailing. Sorry can't help you with the question about holiday sailings but we did sail when "reading week" for college and spring break was on for youngest. We thought there might be more young people on board for them because of that but that wasn't the case for us. There are no scheduled children's activities because of the lack of children on board. However, they didn't seem to miss the usual activities. Oldest son did lots of diving and the youngest just went to the beach with us. They have been to the Caribbean several times and this destination was their favorite. Only draw back for them was 1) the long flight and 2) coming home! We really enjoyed it so much we are booked again for Feb 2006.

There were a few children on our October TP cruise but most were very young children. Since this ship does not have any type of activites for any children under the age of drinking and gambling, there really wasn't a lot for them to do.

Hopefully there will be others on your sailing and your 16 year old can meet up with them and enjoy the cruise.

But it is definitely not a cruise for kids, the ship is quite small and except for the pool, there was not many activites at all for adults or kids.

Archived