Cabo Resort Day with 6 year-old

debolinas

I am wondering this too - except that I will be there shortly with a five-year-old, two seven-year-olds and a nine-year-old.

Our family was in Cabo once before, at Medano beach, and found it not only overly touristy (in the worst, drunken-twenty-something sense) and loud, but also far too dangerous for swimming. The waves crash right on the beach. Swimming is not possible there.

A day-inclusive resort with a pool option would be best. Any suggestions, CC'ers?

The only resort that allows this is the ME and it is very adult oriented. All of the other resorts on Medano are timeshare resorts so you can understand why the owners there frown on other people using their pool chairs.

We just returned from a 2 week trip and swimming was good for all but a couple days. Medano usually is fine for swimming but there is a steep drop off into the water and children should be supervised.

The quieter beach bars that would be good for kids would be Baja Cantina, Medano Beach Club, Sand Bar or Tabascos. Stay away from Billygans and Mango Cantina. All of the beach restaurants let you use their lounge chairs as long as you are buying food and drinks.

There are no all inclusives in Cabo at all. The closest are the 2 Rui properties which are about 2 miles from town. I have read that they charge close to $100/pp for a day pass.

I got an email from villa del palmar in cabo on median beach and the have all-inclusive for $50 p person. We will be there dec. 8 that's what we are planning.

That is good to know and must be something new! Thanks for sharing. Kids will love this resort as they have a big whale slide at the pool. It is at the very far end of Medano beach so taking a cab or water taxi if it is very calm out will be necessary. A cab should be $10 for up to 4 people.

• 2 months later...

Villa Del Palmar is GREAT news for us! We too will be traveling with a yr old and 9 yr old. Our upcoming cruise just changed its itinerary, and we are now spending 2 days in Cabo, and not stopping in Mazatlan where we LOVE El Cid resort for a day pass - same type thing all inclusive resort with pol, slide, beach access, etc. It was wonderful!!!

Has anyone done the day pass thing at Villa Del Palmar & can give advice / reviews?

Based on a comparison of some pictures on the DCL website and the Villa del Palmar's website, it looks like this is the place DCL is using for their "Cabo Resort Beach Getaway" excursion.

They're charging $75 per adult, $55 per child for it. Sems like even with paying for a taxi to get there, the "doing it on our own" option is much cheaper, and we'd get to spend more time there--looks like the excursion is only there for about 4.5 hours, but on the first day in Cabo, the Wonder is supposed to be in port all day, 'til about 7 pm.

So can you just take a taxi & turn up there & get a day pass, or do you need to reserve? :)

I got an email from villa del palmar in cabo on median beach and the have all-inclusive for $50 p person. We will be there dec. 8 that's what we are planning.

Based on a comparison of some pictures on the DCL website and the Villa del Palmar's website, it looks like this is the place DCL is using for their "Cabo Resort Beach Getaway" excursion.

They're charging $75 per adult, $55 per child for it. Sems like even with paying for a taxi to get there, the "doing it on our own" option is much cheaper, and we'd get to spend more time there--looks like the excursion is only there for about 4.5 hours, but on the first day in Cabo, the Wonder is supposed to be in port all day, 'til about 7 pm.

Which sailing are you on our Cabo days we leave at 4 and 2:30? We are also on the wonder. Our itinerary changes on a daily basis!!!!!

Which sailing are you on our Cabo days we leave at 4 and 2:30? We are also on the wonder. Our itinerary changes on a daily basis!!!!!

Yes, since these changes my head is kind of spinning! We're on the 2/20 sailing, so we're one of the cruises that is doing Cabo days back-to-back, while it looks like your cruise (the 3/13 sailing) is on a different schedule. Someone on another board who is on my same sailing was told in email response from DCL that our first Cabo day was 11:15 am-7pm, so not really all day like I said--I was kind of getting it confused with our PV stop! But anyhow, we are supposed to stay in Cabo 'til evening our first day, then something like 7 am-1:30 pm on 2nd day.

Don't know if you've already seen this, but another poster on those same boards who is on the 3/13 cruise called DCL and listed the schedule they told her as follows:

Sunday March 13 : Port departure 4:30 pm

Monday March 14 : sea day. FORMAL NIGHT

Tuesday March 15: Cabo 11:15 -5pm

Wed. March 16: PV. 8:45 -7pm. PIRATE NIGHT

Thursday March 17. Sea day

Friday. March 18. Cabo 7:15 - 1:30. SEMI FORMAL NIGHT

Sat. March 19. Sea day

Sunday March 20. Arrive at port

As we've already seen, though, it's always subject to change! :rolleyes:

Yes, since these changes my head is kind of spinning! We're on the 2/20 sailing, so we're one of the cruises that is doing Cabo days back-to-back, while it looks like your cruise (the 3/13 sailing) is on a different schedule. Someone on another board who is on my same sailing was told in email response from DCL that our first Cabo day was 11:15 am-7pm, so not really all day like I said--I was kind of getting it confused with our PV stop! But anyhow, we are supposed to stay in Cabo 'til evening our first day, then something like 7 am-1:30 pm on 2nd day.

Don't know if you've already seen this, but another poster on those same boards who is on the 3/13 cruise called DCL and listed the schedule they told her as follows:

Sunday March 13 : Port departure 4:30 pm

Monday March 14 : sea day. FORMAL NIGHT

Tuesday March 15: Cabo 11:15 -5pm

Wed. March 16: PV. 8:45 -7pm. PIRATE NIGHT

Thursday March 17. Sea day

Friday. March 18. Cabo 7:15 - 1:30. SEMI FORMAL NIGHT

Sat. March 19. Sea day

Sunday March 20. Arrive at port

As we've already seen, though, it's always subject to change! :rolleyes:

I really like this schedule. Hoping they might apply this to our 03/06 sailing. Like the fact that Cabo is split up. Also have Palo ressies on day 3 but that's considered formal night on our sailing.

Anyone know if they are using this itinerary all of March? I suppose like someone else said, subject to change on a daily basis.

I really like this schedule. Hoping they might apply this to our 03/06 sailing. Like the fact that Cabo is split up. Also have Palo ressies on day 3 but that's considered formal night on our sailing.

Anyone know if they are using this itinerary all of March? I suppose like someone else said, subject to change on a daily basis.

Just got this from our TA, so looks like it's not really about the month, probably just about what the Cabo port schedules were and when they could get in.

Itinerary Changes to 2011 7-Night Mexican Riviera Sail Dates

1/23, 1/30, 2/13, 3/13, 4/3

Sunday - Los Angeles

Monday - At Sea

Tuesday - Cabo San Lucas

Wednesday - Puerto Vallarta

Thursday - At Sea

Friday - Cabo San Lucas

Saturday - At Sea

Sunday - Los Angeles

2/6, 2/20, 2/27, 3/6, 3/20, 3/27, 4/10

Sunday - Los Angeles

Monday - At Sea

Tuesday - At Sea

Wednesday - Puerto Vallarta

Thursday - Cabo San Lucas

Friday - Cabo San Lucas

Saturday - At Sea

Sunday - Los Angeles

Anyone have an email for this resort to find out about the day pass? I would like to know the price for Children.

Wondering if anyone heard back from the resort and if there is a price for adults and a different price for children. We are going this month and are on the 2/20 sailing. I would like to take the kids (3,5,7) with us to enjoy the resort for the day.

Thanks!!

Wondering if anyone heard back from the resort and if there is a price for adults and a different price for children. We are going this month and are on the 2/20 sailing. I would like to take the kids (3,5,7) with us to enjoy the resort for the day.

Thanks!!

I got this from Villa del Palmar via e-mail, so I'm assuming this means that your 5 and 7 y.o.'s would be $25, but your 3 y.o. would be free I guess?:

Villa del Palmar offers day pass for $50us per adult, 50% off for children from 4 to 12 yo.

I got this from Villa del Palmar via e-mail, so I'm assuming this means that your 5 and 7 y.o.'s would be $25, but your 3 y.o. would be free I guess?:

Villa del Palmar offers day pass for $50us per adult, 50% off for children from 4 to 12 yo.

Thank you very much. I think we will look into it. Wonder if we need to make a reservation or can just show up? Do you happen to know what this includes?

Would love to hear how your day at Villa Palmar went.

Agreed, this sounds right up our alley! Travelling on the DCL Wonder on 2/27 with 4 adults, 4yr,3yr and 9mth old.. Would prefer a location with good bathrooms available, food and beaches..

Hopefully we can hear a confirmation if we can just go up to the resort or make reservations. I would prefer the reservation route then the resort hopefully doesn't get overcrowded with half the ship :P

Thanks for this thread!

~Leanne

So has anyone actually done the Villa Del Palmar day yet to give a review? Are reservations required? Carnival wants $90/pp for their resort excursion. Seems a little steep to me, and it's only for 4 hrs. I would think this would be a nice thing to do on our own and do it at our own times.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived