Comments on Shore excursions?

martini cruiser

Thinking of:

Raiatea the Faaroa Riover and Island Exploration or the Island Highlight tour?

Exploration of Taha'a or the Snorkel@ Black Pearl Farm

Bora Bora- Maybe Patirck if I can join some others.

Moorea-??

Any suggestions appreciated. I swim well but don't scuba, not the most fit person as I have had knee operations, and I come by my CC name honestly!

Martini Cruiser

We did the Patrick full day excursion on Bora-bora. Highly recommend it. We did not get Patrick as guide but his replacement was more than adequate. You get to do the stingray/shark experience, snorkle garden, and island circumnavigation for one price which is considerably less than the ships fee for seperate venues. We chose the Island style feast and were glad we did so. On Moorea we did the river kayak thing and it too was worth it.;)

Patrick.jpg.5a942e43ec478974ddacec6db0ad40dd.jpg

Hey Ahab - looks like we may have had the same guide........here is a photo of our guide for the tour. And I agree, the island feast with Tahitian food (oh, those roast pigs! Two little piggies.....) was great. Although we had rain in the first stop, Moreto knew where to go and the other stops were sunny with great snorkling.Here is Moreto, steering with his feet.....

326724626_morretofeet2.jpg.2b4c7ca429956155f6ba1264c8cdd82b.jpg

I've enjoyed the Raiatea Faaroa Riover and Island Exploration twice. It gives you a bit of everything, except no actual time in the water.

Taha'a--you don't need to do anything, you know. The all-day picnic on the motu is included. I've heard good things about the drift snorkel there, but not sure about the Black Pearl trip--if I were I'd skip it and just go to the motu.

Moorea--the Aito 4x4 trip is fun, and if you like the water, there's some kind of snorkel/stingray trip that's nice. Or you can rent a car for a few hours--if so, don't miss the Belvedere lookout--great views.

My favourite on Bora Bora is the stingray ballet--really great, but I've never done Patrick's trips.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived