Quad oomn Jewel

betty16

We sailed onthe Dawn two years ago and my family a four shared a an inside cabin accomodating 4. The sleeping arrangements were really not good. We had three twin beds connected on the bottom and 1 bunk on top. There was no room to get around and me, my husband and my son were all sleeping together.

Now I am booked on the Jewel for a quad obstructed ov on deck 8. The description says bunks for sleeping two, but in all the pics I only see one bunk. Please tell me it is not the same set up.

Hi there...we have sailed the Jewel in a quad. We asked the steward on board to set it up a certain way. We got this tip from someone on these boards.

Keep each single that is normally set up against the outside walls. Put the third bed that they set up for the evening against the wall at the back (where the window would be if were an outside cabin). One of the side, permanently set up beds will have to be pulled down towards the tv table to make room for this third bed.

Now when you look into the room, the beds will kind of look like an upside down 'U' pattern. As soon as I requested this, he knew exactly what I meant, so I'm sure they've done this before.

The 4th bed comes down from the ceiling and will only be set up in the evening for bed (they do this).

We keep all 3 lower beds set up all the time. There will be some walking room in between the beds and it makes it much roomier than having wall to wall bed!!!

We are going again with 4 in an inside, and we will have it set up the same way.

Good luck.

Here's a picture for all to see how it look, pix is for an outside cabin but you get the idea of how it would look for your inside cabin on the Jewel, which is smaller compared to the OV - every little bit help and all of you will have room to walk around. Sometimes, you might have to move around the table/chair & small end tables to make the beds fit.

Slide all the unpacked luggage under the beds to make the most of usable rooms in a cozy setup. Bring a LED night light so that nobody will stumble & trip all over while sleeping.

http://suebeedesigns.com/PhotoAlbums/sdvjewel/IMG_0585.jpg

Thank you for the information and great ideas. I just checked the Norwegian Catalogue and for an obstructed oceanview on the Jewel this is what the desription states "These staterooms feature two lower beds and two pull-down beds etc..." The desription leads me to believe there should be two pull-down bunks. If that is not the case I would definitley use the ideas you guys gave, but I would prefer my kids sleep in bunks and my husband and I sleep in a double bed. Thanks again for your help:)

Archived