Copthorne Hotel Auckland Harbour City?

Bruin Steve

I've booked the Cruise, airfare and hotel in Sydney...

Now I just need a hotel in Auckland...

We arrive in Auckland on Friday, January 6...

Our flight home (or, at least the first leg of it) departs from AKL at the ungodly hour of 7:15 am...

So, what we really need is a very convenient hotel...leave the ship, get to the hotel, check in, leave the luggage, wander around Auckland, dinner and a good night's sleep...then an early morning wakeup and transportation to the airport...

I've been told it's best to stay close to the Quay...and it seems right for the convenience factor...

It's a little early to use some booking sites, but I found two major hotels right at the Quay:

The Hilton and the Copthorne...

The Hilton can be had for a flexible rate of $319 US...

The Copthorne has a flexible rate of $158 US...less than half the price...

When looking it up on TripAdvisor.com, it seems to get some mixed reviews...Some rave about the location while others complain about loud air conditioning or dated decor...

I am thinking it's just one night...We're not buying the decor...though getting a good night's sleep is important, I guess...of course, LOCATION is paramount...

Any opinions on this hotel?

$158 seems to be an excellent rate in Auckland...

I would stay at Copthorne, we did. Yes, it is dated. We had no issue with noise though. Staff were fantastic, stored luggage for us no problem. We literally walked across the street and onto the ship however my in-laws stayed at the same motel and their ship docked further down and ended up needing a taxi (older couple, luggage etc).

There are some really nice restaurants along the wharf, the city is a block or 2 over from the motel so it is really convenient.

The price for us far outwayed the tired/old feel to the motel and it was only one night - we slept well and I hardly sleep when I am away.

Archived