Back from Valor E Carrib!

JasmineC

I really dont want to get into many details - this was our 1st ever cruise on the Valor and WOW - what a fantastic time we had!! The ship was beautiful, the food superb and the service was extraordinary! Our dining room staff - Daniela and Josua as well as Chander the maitre d were soooo nice, funny, answered to every need we had without question!! Josh - the cruise director was just a bundle of energy, so down to earth, so funny and always kept us hopping and laughing! The activities on board were so hard to choose from - there was never a dull moment!! I needed another week just to get through all the stuff to do! The ports of call were wonderful too..I should post on those individual boards.

Wow, wow, wow! If you have any direct questions, please feel free to post here, I hope to check every once in a while. Thanks to everyone for their advice - without this board, I would have been lost!

So great to hear! Weather Geek also had a great time on this sailing. We leave on Easter Sunday, are hoping the itinerary stays the original, like it did for you! Any comments made about that? What age group did you have? You mention always having something to do, we have 13 in our group, 30's & 40's, plus kids from age 4-11! How was the pools during sea day? How was the slide? Was there always a line to use? So happy to hear such great reviews lately! Thanks for any info!

What decks go all the way through the ship from forward to Aft. I know that deck 5 and 9 do but I thought there was one other.

Also did you do any beaches, if so where and what were the ammenities?

Thanks

:o Forgive me, but I kept getting darn lost - I still got lost after a week on the ship. But from what I can recall, only 5 and 9 you could go all the way across. HTH's - but maybe someone else could clarify.

Oh and as for the beaches, we went to Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas (VERY LOVELY!! - my dh said the snorkeling from the shore there was awesome). As for amenities, lots of water sport rentals, a bar along the beach, chairs to rent, washrooms.

As for St. Maarten, we went to Pinel Island. The beach was nice and the snorkeling was good (but not excellent). They had chair rentals and a bar rihg on the beach and maybe there was a food place (didnt use). Washrooms were something to be desired though - my 1st experience with not flushing ANYTHING (not even TP) down the toilet. :confused:

Jasmine - I have a question for you, was your itinerary changed? Thanks for posting. I can't wait until June. :D :D

Intinerary changed? No I dont recall, if you mean as in the ports of call - we did the 3 (Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten) as the booking said. As for the intinerary on the ship - every day there was so much to do/see, not sure if they had an actual itinerary, each Carnival Caper was a 'surprise' read to see what was in store for the next day. HTH's

So great to hear! Weather Geek also had a great time on this sailing. We leave on Easter Sunday, are hoping the itinerary stays the original, like it did for you! Any comments made about that? What age group did you have? You mention always having something to do, we have 13 in our group, 30's & 40's, plus kids from age 4-11! How was the pools during sea day? How was the slide? Was there always a line to use? So happy to hear such great reviews lately! Thanks for any info!

We did the Godfrey/Timmy tour on St. Thomas with Weather Geek and her bf. :) I posted below about the intinerary change - as far as I could see the itinerary stayed the same. My dh and I are in our mid 30's and made many friends (old & young) and felt our age group 30-40 was the norm. The pools were a bit small, but never crowded really, I think most people took a dip now and again. Sea days (well ALL days) were absolutely lovely, so of course finding a deck chair in the 'perfect spot' was impossible.:o I did the slide once...a definite 'must do' for kids of ALL ages. As for the kids 4-11 - Camp Carnival seemed to be the happening place. My children were envious once I showed them the Carnival Capers for Camp Carnival and are now hoping our next cruise will include them (which I am sure will!!) Hope this answers your questions.

Did you go to the disco?? What time did it really get going?

Sorry, we didnt make it to the disco. We did check out the Eagles Lounge where a band performed nightly, and Paris Hot (a karoke bar) that was really fun. We popped our heads into the piano bar from time to time, but that's about it.

Archived