What about resealing wine bottles with Spirit of your choice?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:15 AM.
468 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
There are so many wine making materials out there. Couldn't you just reseal it and carry it on full of what ever you want. Most wine bottles are opaque and you can't tell what is in there. If you have a cork and a seal over the top who would know?
13 Posts
Joined May 2007
We did this a couple of years ago! It works like a charm, but is really only cost effective if you already have the equipment. I like your devious thinking---I was so proud of myself when I came up with this idea.
468 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by lisa1120
We did this a couple of years ago! It works like a charm, but is really only cost effective if you already have the equipment. I like your devious thinking---I was so proud of myself when I came up with this idea.
Steam sealed tops are only 2$ on ebay. Corks are cheap enough. I drink wine. So I have the bottles.
Port Canaveral, Fl
1,052 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
Originally posted by vizzle
Steam sealed tops are only 2$ on ebay. Corks are cheap enough. I drink wine. So I have the bottles.
That's how we brought a bottle of Dad's homemade wine on our cruise last summer.
468 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
But wine is legal. Maybe a good way to get your vodka on there. However I am thinking about just buying some bottles from bon voyage. It night be easier.
Ontario, Canada
851 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
hey I have said this on a few other post about smuggling, and some people gave me flack about it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Ncl Gem cruise nov 27,2016
Ncl Pride of America Hawaii cruise May 28, 2016
Royal Caribbean jewel of the seas Caribbean cruise nov29, 2015
Ncl jade Grecian cruise may 30,2015
Ncl epic Caribbean cruise nov 9,2014
Ncl epic med cruise june 2013
carnival legend 2011
carnival imagination 2008
12-2007 Costa Fortuna http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...?EntryID=36447
Florida
466 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
<body armor on>
Even more foolproof would be to follow the rules and set an example for others.
<body armor off>

Ok - that said. Bringing your own wine is fine. We once bottled a batch that was coincidentally called Baby Bacchus Red. We brought a couple bottles onto The Miracle (whose MDR is Bacchus). The maitre' d asked for one of the empty bottles, refilled it, corked it, and displayed it behind his station as a wine they no longer served.

B
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Yearly sailings, sometimes more, sometimes less; but always at least one booked or in the planning stage. Pictures from some can be found under Carnival Crusin' on our webpage at: http://fl4some.com

We have cruised with our DSs since they were 2 and 4 and have always taught them respect and honor, and to have a little fun at the same time. They were kids, behaved like kids, and were on their vacation as well.

We have NEVER had a cruise "ruined" by out-of-control kids, MDR service or table-mates, or weather; our anniversary is right in the middle of hurricane season so we have sailed around many. The only ones who could ever ruin our vacation are ourselves and we'd never let that happen.

More coming...
west park, florida
674 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
why not e-mail carnival and tell them...........you don't really think you are the only one to come up with this idea.........but some people might not want to give carnival a heads up
cheryl
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
<center></center>

Skyward
Norway(x2)
Caribe I
Carnival Carnivale
Carnival Celebration
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Mardi Gras
Dolphin
Millennium
Emerald Seas
Regal Empress
Grandeur Of the Seas
Majesty of th Seas
Carnival Valor 10/09
Carnival Freedom B2B 10/10
Carnival Imagination 01/11
Carnival Destiny 04/11
Carnival Sensation 09/11
Carnival Miracle 12/11
Carnival Liberty 04/12
Carnival Glory 01/13
Carnival Liberty 10/13
Carnival Ecstasy 06/14
468 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by cherjoe5
why not e-mail carnival and tell them...........you don't really think you are the only one to come up with this idea.........but some people might not want to give carnival a heads up
cheryl
Just trying to help a few out. Anything that has been of this sort is hardly ever original.
Florida
466 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Here is the wine that was Honored that evening ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SANGIOVESE.jpg (20.1 KB, 21 views)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Yearly sailings, sometimes more, sometimes less; but always at least one booked or in the planning stage. Pictures from some can be found under Carnival Crusin' on our webpage at: http://fl4some.com

We have cruised with our DSs since they were 2 and 4 and have always taught them respect and honor, and to have a little fun at the same time. They were kids, behaved like kids, and were on their vacation as well.

We have NEVER had a cruise "ruined" by out-of-control kids, MDR service or table-mates, or weather; our anniversary is right in the middle of hurricane season so we have sailed around many. The only ones who could ever ruin our vacation are ourselves and we'd never let that happen.

More coming...