Please, for you who can predict the weather for March 2012?

KimoKat

Please, can you tell me if it will be stormy/rainy -- ruining my first trip to South Pacific, and making me grumpy :mad: blowing my savings?

I don't mind daily showers. Just don't want lingering storms.

:)

Seriously, just need someone to tell me if it's worth the risk to go in March. Just need some reassurance. I know you cannot predict the weather. Unless you are Al Gore :p

Looking at the Cooks/Society Island tour...11 nights. Hesitant about open ocean to/fro Cooks, but I've cruised once and been on lots of boats & it was no sweat (or, rather, no yak :eek:).

I think you will need to research the storms in that of the Pacific area in march. I recall that traditionally April /may is windy and when choosing between April or Nov for a Papeete to Fiji trip staff on PG recommended November. We made all our landings and the weather was really calm at that time.

I have been in Feb - mid feb- and there were showers but not all day rain. This July we were rained out at Motu Mahana and I recall that happening once before in an August trip so who is to say????

We have been 5 times, and November and December are less risky than March/April for sure. I would book Dec 2011 same itinerary, cheaper price, better weather! Or wait until the heat of summer, but then it can be very windy! You will LOVE the PG whenever you chose to go, regardless of the weather.

Archived