autoprogresso

hlb76

Hi all.

I will be traveling to Progresso for the first time next month. We are trying to find something to do. I see Autoprogesso comes in well recomended. We are looking at going to the D-ruins. My question is do we ahve to pre-reg for this or can we get tours after we get off the ship?

We get in at 7am but where hoping to sleep in a bit then get off the ship and spend the day doing a little of this and that. So it would be great for us if we could get off the ship leisurely and still find a tour!

Thanks in advance!

I booked with them last year. Really great company and the tour guide was awesome. The ruins were nice, but pretty much a wasted trip. At least that's my opinion. I would have rather done something else.

Can I ask what it was a wasted trip? We are new to this port. And as far as I can see there is not alot to do :o. So we weighting our options. I appericate all feed back!

Just got back from Progreso in August, and will be returning via the same cruise in February.

We did not book any excursions ahead of time as many others did. We got dropped off at the Flea Market area to do some shopping and we were hit up immediately by these tour people. They were trying to fill their vans/buses. They offered us a tour to see the Flamingos, Mayan Ruins (the one that starts with an X), and a trip to a private beach club...They said they would have us back 2 1/2 hours prior to needing to be on the ship. They only charged $15.00 for adult and $5.00 for my 10 year old son. So for only $20.00 we went to all of those places...had a great time...and were back just when they promised!

Some people that had booked ahead of time that we talked to on the ship said they would never book ahead again. Everyone was getting a better deal on site... Some people paid anywhere from $65.00 to $100.00 for the SAME tour.

I am just hoping I have this same opportunity in February as I am taking someone who hasn't been there before.:rolleyes:

Just got back from Progreso in August, and will be returning via the same cruise in February.

We did not book any excursions ahead of time as many others did. We got dropped off at the Flea Market area to do some shopping and we were hit up immediately by these tour people. They were trying to fill their vans/buses. They offered us a tour to see the Flamingos, Mayan Ruins (the one that starts with an X), and a trip to a private beach club...They said they would have us back 2 1/2 hours prior to needing to be on the ship. They only charged $15.00 for adult and $5.00 for my 10 year old son. So for only $20.00 we went to all of those places...had a great time...and were back just when they promised!

Some people that had booked ahead of time that we talked to on the ship said they would never book ahead again. Everyone was getting a better deal on site... Some people paid anywhere from $65.00 to $100.00 for the SAME tour.

I am just hoping I have this same opportunity in February as I am taking someone who hasn't been there before.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the tip!

Can I ask what it was a wasted trip? We are new to this port. And as far as I can see there is not alot to do :o. So we weighting our options. I appericate all feed back!

It just wasn't my thing. The ruins were beautiful and the tour guide did an amazing job so I'm not slamming them at all. It's just that for me personally, it wasn't as fun as maybe a water adventure or something else. It was a long ride to the ruins, a lot of walking, and somewhat boring.

• 3 weeks later...

We did the Chichen Itza tour with Autoprogresso for $50 and were very disappointed. It was supposed to leave at 8:30 but we didn't take off until 9:15. Not a knock on them, but the ride is 2+ hours and overall we were inside the ruins about 40 minutes, 20 of that was our guide telling us history and then trying to sell us a picture CD.

The ruins are great but you can't get within 10 feet of most of them. I really wanted to go see them but there just isn't enough time. I heard the Carnival excursion wasn't much better.

Archived