Autoprogreso Flamingo/Xcambo Ruins Tour?

SuzanneH

We will be in Progreso on the Triumph in Feb. I am traveling with my 8 yr old son and this looks like something he would love. Personally I would rather go to Uxmal, but this give a bit of variety, and gives us time to do the double decker bus. LOL! Just wondering if anyone has done this tour recently and if they give you enough time to actually see the ruins. I have read some incredible reviews about Autoprogreso so have no concerns about that. Also, anyone know where to catch the double decker bus at? THANKS!!!

We will be in Progreso on the Triumph in Feb. I am traveling with my 8 yr old son and this looks like something he would love. Personally I would rather go to Uxmal, but this give a bit of variety, and gives us time to do the double decker bus. LOL! Just wondering if anyone has done this tour recently and if they give you enough time to actually see the ruins. I have read some incredible reviews about Autoprogreso so have no concerns about that. Also, anyone know where to catch the double decker bus at? THANKS!!!

You have no idea how scary this is - I came on here right now to post EXACTLY the same question. Mainly if anyone had done XCambo through Autoprogreso, and how it was. We will be in Progreso in a little under two weeks and are still undecided as to what to do here.

I have done extensive research (read: Google Earth!) on the sites of Xcambo and Dzibilchaltun - funnily enough the Xcambo ruins look more impressive to me - if you don't count the temple at the end of the white road at Dzibilchaltun.

I have talked with Autoprogreso via email before - I think I'll go send them an email. Flamingos would be cool!!!

Hope someone can chime in with some infos!

..Trin..

I just spoke with Autoprogreso. The flamingo/Xcambo ruin excursion leaves at 11:30AM, giving us time to shop/sightsee before going on it. They get you back to the ship by 2:30PM.

I think the double decker leaves right from where the pier shuttles drop you in the city. They're not hard to find.

..Trin..

You have no idea how scary this is - I came on here right now to post EXACTLY the same question. Mainly if anyone had done XCambo through Autoprogreso, and how it was. We will be in Progreso in a little under two weeks and are still undecided as to what to do here.

I have done extensive research (read: Google Earth!) on the sites of Xcambo and Dzibilchaltun - funnily enough the Xcambo ruins look more impressive to me - if you don't count the temple at the end of the white road at Dzibilchaltun.

I have talked with Autoprogreso via email before - I think I'll go send them an email. Flamingos would be cool!!!

..Trin..

Too funny :D. Great minds, right? THANK YOU for the Google Earth tip!! I had done a Google Images search, but not the Google Earth one.

I just spoke with Autoprogreso. The flamingo/Xcambo ruin excursion leaves at 11:30AM, giving us time to shop/sightsee before going on it. They get you back to the ship by 2:30PM.

I think the double decker leaves right from where the pier shuttles drop you in the city. They're not hard to find.

..Trin..

AWESOME info!! THANKS!!!! Truly appreciate it :). Since you are cruising before I am, if you think about it and go there let me know how it is. I find it funny that so many people talk about what a waste of port it is, but here I am trying to decide between several things that day! To each their own, I guess. I do think the flamingos would be cool to see, and I love the ruins I have been to in the past. I am trying to through a bit of education in for my 8 yr old, as well, since I am taking him out of school to go.

The double decker bus is a hoot and something we always do-just remember to duck if you sit on the top :D Have used Autoprogreso several times to do to the Dzib ruins and never had a problem with them. When I return in May we are gong to do the Xcambo ruins and the Reef Club. I never have trouble finding things to do in this port.

The double decker bus is a hoot and something we always do-just remember to duck if you sit on the top :D Have used Autoprogreso several times to do to the Dzib ruins and never had a problem with them. When I return in May we are gong to do the Xcambo ruins and the Reef Club. I never have trouble finding things to do in this port.

:D THANKS Maldenmusic!! Truly appreciate the info :). I am really looking forward to this port!!

..Trin..

The ruins at Xcambo are very small. You can see them in less than an hour. Dzibilchaltun is much larger and takes several hours to see. I didn't see the flamingos because the pool at the resort was so inviting. If you want to see ruins hit Dzib or Uxmal with Uxmal being the most impressive. If you want downtime, hit the resort. Fantastic pool, lots of beach and an open bar.

The ruins at Xcambo are very small. You can see them in less than an hour. Dzibilchaltun is much larger and takes several hours to see. I didn't see the flamingos because the pool at the resort was so inviting. If you want to see ruins hit Dzib or Uxmal with Uxmal being the most impressive. If you want downtime, hit the resort. Fantastic pool, lots of beach and an open bar.

Glad you enjoyed the resort-we are going to try that this May.

AWESOME info!! THANKS!!!! Truly appreciate it :). Since you are cruising before I am, if you think about it and go there let me know how it is. I find it funny that so many people talk about what a waste of port it is, but here I am trying to decide between several things that day! To each their own, I guess. I do think the flamingos would be cool to see, and I love the ruins I have been to in the past. I am trying to through a bit of education in for my 8 yr old, as well, since I am taking him out of school to go.

Suzanne -

Just back off the Elation a couple of days ago - wanted to let you know that we did Dzibilchaltun instead of the flamingo/Xcambo excursion with Autoprogreso.

The Autoprogreso rep told us that - frankly - at this time of year the flamingos are waaaay out in the salt flats and you MIGHT see them in the distance, but not up close. After hearing this we booked Dzibilchaltun instead - and I would thoroughly recommend it. The ruins are very impressive (esp. the Temple of the Seven Dolls - it's big!), and the Cenote..........oh..........the Cenote. The Cenote at Dzibilchaltun provided me with one of the most amazing experiences of my life - swimming in crystal clear waters amongst tropical fish and lily pads and flowers. Absolutely breaktaking!!!!

Hope this helps,

..Trin..

Suzanne -

Just back off the Elation a couple of days ago - wanted to let you know that we did Dzibilchaltun instead of the flamingo/Xcambo excursion with Autoprogreso.

The Autoprogreso rep told us that - frankly - at this time of year the flamingos are waaaay out in the salt flats and you MIGHT see them in the distance, but not up close. After hearing this we booked Dzibilchaltun instead - and I would thoroughly recommend it. The ruins are very impressive (esp. the Temple of the Seven Dolls - it's big!), and the Cenote..........oh..........the Cenote. The Cenote at Dzibilchaltun provided me with one of the most amazing experiences of my life - swimming in crystal clear waters amongst tropical fish and lily pads and flowers. Absolutely breaktaking!!!!

Hope this helps,

..Trin..

Thanks for the report! We leave Saturday and my friend and I are planning on doing these ruins but we're still deciding on which one to take...just the ruins or ruins and city combo? Did you hear any word on the combo tour? Thanks!

BTW, love your profile pic...one of the best movies EVER!

Archived