Just got back from the Caribbean Princess 05/01/05

cdncruiser09

Hey All!

Just got off the Caribbean Princess a couple a days ago, I was on the April 23-30th sailing and I must say what a beautiful ship it was.The crusie was great with nice weather and great tours,the ship went to St.Thomas where I went to Megans bay for the second time it was nice and hot (in the 90's) although it was very packed.We also went to St.Maarten and we did the 4WD Offroad Adventure which was GREAT,the tour went to the duth and frech side stopped for some shopping in Marrigot and also stopped at Orient Bay beach which was beautiful and nice and warm.For the last port we stopped at Princess Cays which was nice aswell but the water was fairly cold.We also had 3 days at sea which were great!.The food was very good aswell as the service.Embarkation was a breeze was on the ship in our room cabin A744 on the Aloha Deck (12 Deck) within 25-30 minutes of getting to the port.Overall the cruise was great also used the gym,spa and movies under the stars was excellent,this was my first Princess cruise and I would go on another one in a second if anyone has any questions or anything feel free!! :D :D

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

We are sailing on the Carribean Princess on June 18 doing the Western.

My question is we are staying friday night in a hotel that will take us to the dock. How early can you go there? Is it true that you can possibly get on the ship by noon? Any other suggestions to make embarkation easier? There are 18 of us going. What about the dining? Is it a problem to go at the other times?

Is the coffee as bad as the reviews say?

Thanks

Jam110

Hi Jam110!

The doors at the dock opened around 11am and we were on the ship around noon so It is possible but get there about 45 minutes prior or so to get near the front of the line as it fills up quickly but moves very well.The dining was also great we ate in the palm dining room almost every night for personal choice dining and the food and service was excellent and we just called and booked a time every afternoon and we were fine.We also tried Sabatini's which was also excellent and a surcharge of $20/PP.Cafe Caribe and Horizon Court where also great we ate there a couple of times,lot's of seafood in Cafe Caribe.The coffee I thought was fine I mean it's not amazing but it was good.Hope I answered all your questions let me know if you have anymore your going to have a BLAST!

:)

My question is we are staying friday night in a hotel that will take us to the dock. How early can you go there? Is it true that you can possibly get on the ship by noon? Any other suggestions to make embarkation easier? There are 18 of us going. What about the dining? Is it a problem to go at the other times?

Thanks

Jam110

Hi Jam,

We will also be on the CP June 18. We went on this ship last year and it was fine. Embarkation is relatively smooth, but be prepared to wait in a line. The lines move fast depending on whether passengers have their documents ready.

We used anytime dining and it was good but we were only 4 people. With a group of 18 ,if you all expect to eat together your best bet is a traditional seating because it is hard to seat 18 people at once with anytime dining unless you get a reservation.

If a table is not available when you want to eat, they give you a "beeper" and you get beeped when a seating is available. We had very little trouble getting a table.

If your hotel provides transportation to the ship, you will probably have to go when their vehicle is available, which might not be as early as you would like to go. However, with a large group they might accomodate you.

The hotels are used to bringing people back and forth to the ships, and whatever time you go will be fine. An hour or two early or later will not matter much. Take your time and relax. Have fun.

Thanks

Jam110

Hi Jam,

We will also be on the CP June 18. We went on this ship last year and it was fine. Embarkation is relatively smooth, but be prepared to wait in a line. The lines move fast depending on whether passengers have their documents ready.

We used anytime dining and it was good but we were only 4 people. With a group of 18 ,if you all expect to eat together your best bet is a traditional seating because it is hard to seat 18 people at once with anytime dining unless you get a reservation.

If a table is not available when you want to eat, they give you a "beeper" and you get beeped when a seating is available. We had very little trouble getting a table.

If your hotel provides transportation to the ship, you will probably have to go when their vehicle is available, which might not be as early as you would like to go. However, with a large group they might accomodate you.

The hotels are used to bringing people back and forth to the ships, and whatever time you go will be fine. An hour or two early or later will not matter much. Take your time and relax. Have fun.

i just sailed the C.P 5/14 got home 5/21 ship was amazing if you can get rid of all the chair hogs!!!!! I cant stand it, u couldnt even go to the bathroom with the rats coming, sad part is all the people doing it are seasoned cruisers, pisses me off!! All the new cruisers looked mortified. One morning went to the gym passed through to the pool w/ a cup of tea and just relaxed, saw a group of 6 people at 6:15 am put there towels down ( not kidding) went back to my cabin, dressed and went to breakfast, got to the pool at 8:30 and started drinking my Chocoalte Bananas that i love sooo much, watched for these people to show up, it wasnt till 12:30 they came. What is that???? What happened to the 30 minute rule??? What are the deck attendents there for??

I have to say that is my biggest complaint, are all cruise lines like this?? I am sure they are.

Next time i am bringing a paper and pencil and writng BRB went to pee! lmao

Embarking was the best, nice and easy. Stayed the night before at the cruiseport hotel, decided not to take their shuttle 1st one is at 10:30 i said no way!!! I hate lines i got to the port at 9am was 3rd on line and sat and read, i was fine with that, walked right into the platinum checkin took maybe 5 minutes!!! Bathing suit on to the pool, 1st and only time i had it to myself lol:)

Anyone have advice for a younger males first cruise, with his fiancee as far as general info and advice? My fiancee's not one to plan too much ahead and I'd rather not pussyfoot around (lack of a better term) during my first cruise?

Any romantic things to do while on the boat without being in the room... .etc?

Archived