Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Roatan

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old February 15th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Pristine Bay day pass

We are sailing to Roatan in early April and are considering doing the Pristine Bay day pass. Can anyone comment on the facilities, pool and beach or have other recommendations for a nicer relaxing pool/beach resort that offers day passes?

Thanks in advance!

Old March 12th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Pristine Bay

Hey there!
We just visited Pristine Bay on our cruise two weeks ago. It was a beautiful resort. The pools were giant, there were plenty of cabanas, the food was good (though on the pricey side, as to be expected.) The service was fast, courteous, not intrusive. It was VERY quiet. We ran into a gentleman who has a condo on the property and the day we were there with less than 10 other cruise guests, he said it was the most people he's seen in months. The bathrooms on the property were OK - we didn't use the ones inside to comment there.

HOWEVER - and this is a big however for me - the beach is not made for swimming. It's roped off at less than waist-high. Apparently there's a big drop-off at that point. If you're just there to lay out and enjoy the sand, the chairs and umbrellas are plentiful, and the beach frequently cleared of sticks and seaweed and other debris, so it really is pristine.

Old March 12th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparx View Post
Hey there!
We just visited Pristine Bay on our cruise two weeks ago. It was a beautiful resort. The pools were giant, there were plenty of cabanas, the food was good (though on the pricey side, as to be expected.) The service was fast, courteous, not intrusive. It was VERY quiet. We ran into a gentleman who has a condo on the property and the day we were there with less than 10 other cruise guests, he said it was the most people he's seen in months. The bathrooms on the property were OK - we didn't use the ones inside to comment there.

HOWEVER - and this is a big however for me - the beach is not made for swimming. It's roped off at less than waist-high. Apparently there's a big drop-off at that point. If you're just there to lay out and enjoy the sand, the chairs and umbrellas are plentiful, and the beach frequently cleared of sticks and seaweed and other debris, so it really is pristine.
Did you book in advance? What was the cost for a day pass? Did they supply towels, chairs?

Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:19 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Pristine Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparx View Post
Hey there!

Thanks so much for your helpful information... my girlfriend & I have this excursion booked as our hubby's are playing golf there in early April. I was hoping to snorkel while we're there.... but it doesn't look like (from your review) that is possible.

So, basically what do you get for you $90? A swim in their pools & a beach chair?

I wonder.... if I brought my own snorkel gear, if I could snorkel around the area? Is the water calm? I wonder if it's worth bothering with that?

Thanks in advance for any "more" insight on Pristine Bay's Day pass.

RCCL- Navigator of the Seas (2-2014) 1st sailing out of Dry Dock - Western Caribbean
RCCL - Mariner of the Seas (4-2013) Western Caribbean
HAL - Nieuw Amsterdam (1-2013) Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise (fully chartered) Eastern Caribbean
CARNIVAL - Magic (10-2012) Western Caribbean
HAL - Eurodam (1-2012) Eastern Caribbean
RCCL - Voyager of the Seas (3-2009) Western Caribbean
RCCL - Rhapsody of the Seas (2-2006) Western Caribbean
RCCL - Rhapsody of the Seas (2-2004) Western Caribbean

Old March 22nd, 2013, 08:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRV FAN View Post
I wonder.... if I brought my own snorkel gear, if I could snorkel around the area? Is the water calm? I wonder if it's worth bothering with that?

Thanks in advance for any "more" insight on Pristine Bay's Day pass.
No insight on Pristine Bay--- Just my humble opinion... the place to snorkel is Tabayana Beach / Infinity Bay / Banarama area. It is completely SURREAL snorkeling. I felt like I was IN a Nat'l Geographic documentary - huge schools of fish, sea turtles, BEAUTIFUL fishes everywhere!

Just saying.

Past Cruises:
NCL Star: January 2013
Royal Carribean 2008
Princess Grand 2000
Carnival 1988

Old March 23rd, 2013, 03:51 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAmericanAmy View Post
No insight on Pristine Bay--- Just my humble opinion... the place to snorkel is Tabayana Beach / Infinity Bay / Banarama area. It is completely SURREAL snorkeling. I felt like I was IN a Nat'l Geographic documentary - huge schools of fish, sea turtles, BEAUTIFUL fishes everywhere!

Just saying.
Had the same feeling when I was there. Really quite amazing.

HAL Ryndam 1998
Disney Wonder 2003
CC Victory 2005
NCL Sun 2006
NCL Dawn 2007
Costa Mediterranea 2008
MSC Orchestra Feb 28th/2009 or is it no it's
Rhapsody of the Seas- Australia Dec. 1st 2009
MSC Poesia Feb 27/2011
NCL Star Mar 4/2012
Jewel of the Seas Oct 28/2012 25th Anniversary- Saying " I do " all over again
MSC Poesia Mar 2/2013 First time back on the same ship