Excursions are up for Europe Tera Moana

trav25

Excursions look good but expensive. Incomplete, I hope, on the Venice to Athens route with 7 stops but excursions in only 3 ports listed so far.

We are going on the May 18 Venice to Athens and the May 25 Athens to Istanbul. If anyone is going at the same time, maybe we can share the costs of private excursions.

Getting excited!

You don't need excursions in Dubrovnik or Kotor. In Dubrovnik, walk the wall and explore the old city, do the same in Kotor--although the wall there is more challenging. I walked the wall in Dubrovnik, passed on Kotor although my husband did both.

There are a couple of great site on the Internet with plenty of info on both places. both are lovely, although I highly caution being in Kotor after dark. Also in Kotor, if you leave the walled city through the back gate and walk about 1/4 mile, there is a modern grocery store where you can pick up any number of things you might need. We got candy and cough drops for a lot less (with more variety) than they were selling on the ship or in the old town.

Thanks! We are busy researching what and how to do things in our ports. We have decided on Dubrovnik, Delphi and Corfu. I think we will take your advice on Kotor. Thinking of relaxing in town and on the beach in Rhodes. Going to compare Turkey excursions with what our TA, who specializes in Turkish travel, can come up with. She said The gas in Turkey is the highest in the world so sharing or doing ships excursions will be best. Fun to do the research! Thanks again!

Archived