Liquor store at Nassau cruise port?

willow0325

Yes, if you walk one block into Nassau harbor, there is a street with several liquor stores on it. All have very reasonable prices that are cheaper than the ship, and much less than US prices.

I always go the the same one, near the straw market and can even buy a beer and walk down Nassau streets while enjoying it.

Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Compared to prices in the USA, they were cheaper, but compared to prices on our ship, not very much. In fact we didn't buy anything there as we just didn't think they were cheap. Prices are much cheaper in St Marteen, St Thomas etc.

We ended up buying a few bottles of Bacardi Select which were cheaper on the ship than in port.

Cheers

Len

I have personally seen prices go both ways. You need to know what you are looking for...price it out on the ship and then when in port price it there. I have seen it a few bucks cheaper in port and then I have seen a better deal on the ship. And with most cruise lines...keep in mind you will not be allowed to take the bottle back to your room to enjoy while on the cruise, it will be stored by ship security until the final evening of your cruise when they will return it to your cabin after dinner sometime.

I am wanting to buy some Havana Club rum from Cuba (not the one Bacardi makes) in Nassau. Anyone ever seen it there? The liquor stores I have checked in town have it, but they are all closed on Sundays.

My other port stops are St. Thomas and San Juan (won't sell it there because of US laws) and Grand Turk.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2014 at 12:31 PM, Dixie24 said:

I am wanting to buy some Havana Club rum from Cuba (not the one Bacardi makes) in Nassau. Anyone ever seen it there? The liquor stores I have checked in town have it, but they are all closed on Sundays.

My other port stops are St. Thomas and San Juan (won't sell it there because of US laws) and Grand Turk.

They will have it in St. Thomas. We were just there this week and it was plentiful in the stores. It was also available in St.Maartan, so it probably is available in Grand Turk as well. I believe Obama lifted the prohibitions on Cuban Rums.