Breakaway cabin 13106 Advantages??

We just got off the Breakaway; it is a lovely ship. Room 13106 does leave a lot to be desired. I spoke to no less than 7 people at customer service, and all assured me my fears were of no concern. Here's what you have: it is a handicapped room, and ironically, the door is very difficult to open. You really have to push it hard. One of the real turn-offs, is that it is one larger room; it is NOT two separate rooms: no separate bedroom and living area. If the butler or someone needs to come in, there is no where private. The other let down is the dreaded balcony. It is in fact a hull balcony. The only semi-positive thing I can say about it, is that it does block some of the wind. I really love the balcony, and was very disappointed. There are two chairs and a table out there, believe it or not, which leaves no room for anyone or anything. We had "upgraded" to this room and changed the date to the following week; NCL charged us a $1700 "cancellation fee" because we were 3 days too long for the cut off. I intend to call NCL directly tomorrow, but I am 99.99% sure that they will tell me to have a "nice day".

Here are a couple of things note worthy: The Haven area is beautiful, but the 2 pools with the lounge chairs seem to be deemed "kiddie pools". Not that I mind kiddies, but ones wearing diapers, are another story. People were bringing their diapered tots in the whirlpool as well. We ended up buying a weekly pass to the thermal spa - that was wonderful. As far as food is concerned, it is very different from the Gem. Cagney's no longer offers breakfast and lunch for Haven customers; the Haven has a separate restaurant unto itself. The food is good, but limited.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. I just read this and I am having a fit! Has anyone else stayed in this cabin?? It is being sold under the pretense it has a seperate living/dining area. Please advise..I will need to pull the plug on this ASAP! I used one of the future cruise cert. toward my depost. What happens to that??:confused:

Here are a couple of things note worthy: The Haven area is beautiful, but the 2 pools with the lounge chairs seem to be deemed "kiddie pools". Not that I mind kiddies, but ones wearing diapers, are another story. People were bringing their diapered tots in the whirlpool as well. We ended up buying a weekly pass to the thermal spa - that was wonderful. As far as food is concerned, it is very different from the Gem. Cagney's no longer offers breakfast and lunch for Haven customers; the Haven has a separate restaurant unto itself. The food is good, but limited.

Ugh - this is a darn shame. I am so tired of reading things like this about The Haven.

Archived