photo review Technotel with Autoprogreso $35 all inclusive

since this tour has changed from going to the Reef to technotel there is very limited info..i offered to post info once we returned so here it goes. please keep in mind this is only my opinion (i'm not trying to promote anything just giving info)

We're back and everyone absolutely loved Technotel through autoprogreso. We didn't have any trouble finding Guadeloupe at the port....paid the $35 p/p then met the bus at 10:15 for the somewhat lengthy ride to the resort. FYI if you walk out of the shopping area in town there is a grocery store facing the exit.,.bought a 6 pack of beer for the ride & the bus even had a restroom!

we had a blast and would book this again in a heartbeat. We actually preferred the food over the food at Mr Sancho's in Cozumel. It wasn't anything fancy..just rice / beans and nachos with grilled chicken but everything was really good especially the nachos & the rice. Hubby even bought a bottle of banana infused tequila (our must buy when in Mexico) at the bar for $22. we were surprised to find quality tequila and only $2 more than we normally pay per bottle. Our group of 20+ had several rounds of shots off of our $22 purchase. Can you tell yet I liked this place ? LOL

Had my fingers crossed on this cause the entire group was counting on me & my plan for the day (everyone decided to tag along after we were on the ship) can't tell you how many "thanks" I received...anyways, feel free to ask questions

not sure if this is going to work but i'm attempting to paste photo links from my photobucket account since the photo upload on here isn't cooperating. here it goes

P5280244.jpg

the sign in the area where we waited for the bus

P5280245.jpg

beer bought from the grocery store mentioned above..i think we paid $10 us for the 6pack. it was $4 a bottle in the shopping area where we got off the ship and was not for sale anywhere we could find in the bus waiting area. there were soft drinks and water available for purchase

P5280262.jpg

our tour guide (sorry forgot her name) but she was very informative during the ride and answered everyones questions.we had the option of saying onboard and going to the ruins but no one did

P5280268.jpg

signs leading upto the resort

P5280269.jpg

P5280270.jpg

you can see one of the resort huts along the beach in this one

Edited by Kajunswty

P5280271.jpg

last one of the entrance

P5280274.jpg

pool area from the entrance walkway

P5280275.jpg

the only area to buy anything here..absolutely no worries about being haggled to purchase anything. if you want to purchase souveniers buy them before you board the bus to the resort. we bought some really nice (knock off) sunglasses for $30 and a few other goodies...the prices in progreso are MUCH better than cozumel

P5280276.jpg

P5280278.jpg

the pool bar area & you can see the food buffet area in the background of this one. the changing area is on the side of the food area (the blue trash can is near the door)

P5280299.jpg

the only not so great things i can say about this resort (and its not really a resort issue but more of a progreso issue) the sand isn't the fine sand you normally see at the beach, not a big deal to me but just saying ;) and the water isn't the most beautiful i've seen but it was nice and refreshing and when its hot out thats all that matters to me

P5280344.jpg

P5280301.jpg

P5280308.jpg

P5280310.jpg

P5280316.jpg

P5280328.jpg

P5280347.jpg

We started out our day with lunch then hit the beach as you can tell from the photos LOL oh man!!! i forgot to point out where the beach bar was in the photos. dang....well its to the left of the entrance anyways. hopefully its visible in one of the pics from the water

after the beach we headed back for another round of lunch then hit the pool. at which time my camera battery died. these pics should give you a pretty good idea of the place. service was great...the food and bar lines never had more than 10 people (at the very most) in line. if you have any questions ask away and i'll do my best to answer.

you're welcome...there has to be an easier way to upload pics! it took forever to post through photobucke but i'm glad to help because i was really torn on whether or not to try this place without much info. i didn't see any waverunners there....they were available in cozumel at mr sanchos but alittle pricey ($70 for 30 min) if my memory is correct

because there's so many technotels on tripadvisor it was hard to figure out which one it was prior to going. here is the correct one

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g2550245-d3214584-Reviews-Technotel_Beach-Chicxulub_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

i submitted a review but it'll take a couple of days to show up

Hello, was the pool part of the AI? I see people on the beach but not the pool.

sorry about that....my camera battery died! i'm trying to get pics from other members of our group but to answer your question yes the pool was included.

Great! Can you elaborate more on the times?

You left around 10:15, but how long a bus is it really? And what time did the bus load back up for the return?

And to confirm, this bus picks up and drops off "in town", or at the end of the long pier?

I didn't time it but it was long...maybe 30 minutes. The ride was interesting and yes we caught the bus in town where the shuttle drops off. Again, didn't pay attention to what time we headed back,.,we were dropped back at the pier in plenty of time to board the ship. Sorry wish I could've been more help as far as timing

i hadn't been on for a couple of days..

What are the drinks that are in included in this? is it just beer or can you get mixed drinks? Thanks for the photos, they are awesome!

We only had beer but there were other things included…my daughter had non alcoholic strawberry daiquiris

How or where did you go to get this booked? Thank you for all your information and pictures, sure makes making up my mind easier :)

Here’s the link

http://www.autoprogreso.com/Cruise.html

Many thanks. DW and I went last year and stayed on the beach, only thing wrong was constant vendors and having to say no.

Going back in Oct. and going to put this on the list.

Again thanks for the info.

Just back from Progresso this week.

THANKS for this information. This tour is WELL worth the $35.00 fee. If nothing else just to avoid the constant distraction from the street vendors downtown.

We paid for this tour at the cruise terminal. Still had to ride into town and change busses. The return bus did not stop downtown so if anyone wants to buy something downtown... Do it before you go to the TechnoHotel.

Thanks Again!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the review and the pictures! Just wondering if there was any shade at the beach? I didn't see any umbrellas in the pictures. We're looking for something to do in progreso but we need shade ;)