Vantage cruises(Can you do this?)

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!


Unregistered, just back from your river cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
River Cruising
Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:12 AM.
#1
Mansfield, TEXAS
597 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Can you book Vantages precruise and post cruise hotel packages without purchasing Vantage airfare? The Vantage website seems very unclear on this issue. thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Critter
#2
Santa Paula CA
3,415 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
Absolutely! We will be sailing with Vantage and we used miles to pay for our airfare. The only downside is that we have to pay for our own transfers to and from the ship
IMO, the hotel packages are overpriced. We make our own reservations and save between a third and half the cost.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
It serves no purpose to list all the cruises I have been on chronologically. Many of the lines or ships do not exist any more, or have been renamed. I have sailed on NCL,Bermuda Star, Regency, Royal, Silverseas, Mississippi Queen, Vantage, Marco Polo, Scottish Highlander, Princess, Victoria, Hebridean Princess, Paul Gauguin, Regent, Oceania, Cunard, Rembrandt, and Lev Tolstoy.
#3
Long Island, New York
4,323 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Check with Vantage because they have recently changed many of their policies. You can purchase your own air, but you MIGHT be able to purchase airport transfers from Vantage as well. This is something that was never done before. I have no idea what the cost is, but I did see a blurb saying that now you could.
#4
733 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
We purchased a post cruise extension for our trip that begins next week. We did not purchase air fare through Vantage as we saved a lot of money booking our own air. You can now purchase transfers without the air, but it seemed pricey to us, $150 pp. I don't believe a taxi on both ends would be more than 60 euro total.
#5
Long Island, New York
4,323 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Originally posted by Poulsbo Cruisers
We purchased a post cruise extension for our trip that begins next week. We did not purchase air fare through Vantage as we saved a lot of money booking our own air. You can now purchase transfers without the air, but it seemed pricey to us, $150 pp. I don't believe a taxi on both ends would be more than 60 euro total.
Wow, that IS pricey! I should think for $300 you could hire a limo to pick you up!
#6
733 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by Hydrokitty
Wow, that IS pricey! I should think for $300 you could hire a limo to pick you up!
I just learned from Vantage, too late to help us since we leave in 5 days, that the price would have only been $25 pp for each leg ($100 total). Evidently, the first price quoted had come from an agent that didn't realizes we had booked the post cruise extension in Amsterdam, which would have required a transfer from Cologne.
#7
Long Island, New York
4,323 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Originally posted by Poulsbo Cruisers
I just learned from Vantage, too late to help us since we leave in 5 days, that the price would have only been $25 pp for each leg ($100 total). Evidently, the first price quoted had come from an agent that didn't realizes we had booked the post cruise extension in Amsterdam, which would have required a transfer from Cologne.
You know Poulsbo, I have traveled with Vantage 6 times but when I booked my next trip I had an agent quote me a price of $22,000 for two of us. I accused her of smoking crack and advised her that she had priced us out of the market for Vantage. Bottom line is, Vantage called me back daily for about a week and the price dropped drastically. Ask them for a refund, or voucher or something, they're usually pretty good when they've made a mistake. I wonder if we had the same person on the phone...I wonder if she still works there!