Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Conversations > Cruise Foodies

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old September 30th, 2013, 04:53 PM
5,000+ Club

Default Royal Caribbean - Samba's Grille - Mini Cheese Rolls - Recipe ???

These are the best little cheese stuffed rolls I have ever had!

Royal Caribbean only serves them in their Samba's Brazilian Grilles.

Does anyone have the Recipe?

Ad Sponsored By
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Stuffed cheese rolls

Why don't you either call or email Royal Caribbean customer service. Usually all cruiselines will be happy to share their recipes with you. I have gotten many from Princess and Oceania.

1960 SS Florida - Bahamas; 1972 Stella Oceanus - Greek Islands; 1974 Carnival Mardi Gras - Caribbean; 1975 Carnival Carnivale - Caribbean; 1977 Carnival Festivale - Caribbean; 1977 Sitmar Fairwind - Caribbean; 1981 Cunard QE II - Transatlantic; 1993 Regal Princess - Alaska; 2000 Celebrity Mercury - Alaska; 2001 Sun Princess - Panama Canal; 2002 Sun Princess - Mexico; 2005 Celebrity Infinity - South America; 2005 Sea Princess - Transatlantic; 2006 Celebrity Summit - Hawaii; 2007 Star Princess - Northern Europe; 2007 Celebrity Century - Mediterranean; 2008 Oceania Insignia - Transatlantic; 2008 RCCL Enchantment of the Seas - Caribbean; 2008 Oceania Nautica - Mediterranean; 2009 Celebrity Solstice - Transatlantic; 2009 Oceania Regatta - W. Mediterranean; 2009 Oceania Regatta - Transatlantic; 2010 HAL Veendam - South America & Antarctica; 2010 Diamond Princess - Southeast Asia; 2010 Oceania Regatta - Mediterranean; 2010 Oceania Nautica - Istanbul to CapeTown; 2011 Oceania Marina - Maiden Voyage - Barcelona to Miami; 2011 HAL Eurodam - Northern Passage, Dover to New York; 2011 Celebrity Summit - New England/Canada; 2011 Azamara Quest - Mediterranean; 2012 Celebrity Constellation - Northern Europe; 2012 Caribbean Princess - British Isles; 2013 HAL MS Prinsendam - 68 Day Grand Voyage, S/A & Antarctica

Old October 1st, 2013, 05:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Mimi Cheese Rolls

I tried to get you the recipe from RCCL but they wrote back that they do not give recipes anymore. But, I went onto the internet and searched and came up with this whch sounds fantastic and looks similar to the picture you posted.

Quick Brazilian Cheese Rolls {Pao de Queijo} Ė Gluten Free!
Recipe by Our Best Bites

1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup tapioca flour (sometimes labeled tapioca starch) no substitutions
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 C grated cheddar cheese* (preferably medium or sharp)
1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
*you can play around with the cheese. Iíve used Monterey Jack, low-moisture mozarella, swiss, and even gruyere in place of the cheddar. All great!
Optional: extra cheese to sprinkle on top and any herbs/flavorings youíd like to add. Try rosemary and or garlic powder, my favorites!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place egg, milk, oil, tapioca flour, and salt in blender and blend until smooth. Add cheeses and pulse 2 times. Immediately pour batter into a mini muffin tin (if your muffin tin isnít non-stick, spray lightly with non-stick spray first), filling each well about 3/4 full, or just slightly less. If desired (and I recommend), sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese on top and/or a tiny sprinkle of kosher salt.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes before removing rolls from pan. Serve warm. {Que Gostoso!} These actually donít re-heat well so I recommend making and eating fresh.
Yield: anywhere from 16-24 rolls, depending on how full you fill your muffin pan. I fill mine pretty full (a good 3/4 full) and I generally get about 16-18.

Hope this works for you. Tasty eating to you.

1960 SS Florida - Bahamas; 1972 Stella Oceanus - Greek Islands; 1974 Carnival Mardi Gras - Caribbean; 1975 Carnival Carnivale - Caribbean; 1977 Carnival Festivale - Caribbean; 1977 Sitmar Fairwind - Caribbean; 1981 Cunard QE II - Transatlantic; 1993 Regal Princess - Alaska; 2000 Celebrity Mercury - Alaska; 2001 Sun Princess - Panama Canal; 2002 Sun Princess - Mexico; 2005 Celebrity Infinity - South America; 2005 Sea Princess - Transatlantic; 2006 Celebrity Summit - Hawaii; 2007 Star Princess - Northern Europe; 2007 Celebrity Century - Mediterranean; 2008 Oceania Insignia - Transatlantic; 2008 RCCL Enchantment of the Seas - Caribbean; 2008 Oceania Nautica - Mediterranean; 2009 Celebrity Solstice - Transatlantic; 2009 Oceania Regatta - W. Mediterranean; 2009 Oceania Regatta - Transatlantic; 2010 HAL Veendam - South America & Antarctica; 2010 Diamond Princess - Southeast Asia; 2010 Oceania Regatta - Mediterranean; 2010 Oceania Nautica - Istanbul to CapeTown; 2011 Oceania Marina - Maiden Voyage - Barcelona to Miami; 2011 HAL Eurodam - Northern Passage, Dover to New York; 2011 Celebrity Summit - New England/Canada; 2011 Azamara Quest - Mediterranean; 2012 Celebrity Constellation - Northern Europe; 2012 Caribbean Princess - British Isles; 2013 HAL MS Prinsendam - 68 Day Grand Voyage, S/A & Antarctica

Old October 1st, 2013, 05:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Mini Cheese Rolls

Well, I tried to get the recipe from RCCL for you but they replied that they no longer give out the recipes from the ships. So, I did a search and found this which is probably what you are talking about. Hope they taste the same as those in Samba's Grille!

Recipe by Our Best Bites

1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
*you can play around with the cheese. Iíve used Monterey Jack, low-moisture mozarella, swiss, and even gruyere in place of the cheddar. All great!
Optional: extra cheese to sprinkle on top and any herbs/flavorings youíd like to add. Try rosemary and or garlic powder, my favorites!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place egg, milk, oil, tapioca flour, and salt in blender and blend until smooth. Add cheeses and pulse 2 times. Immediately pour batter into a mini muffin tin (if your muffin tin isnít non-stick, spray lightly with non-stick spray first), filling each well about 3/4 full, or just slightly less. If desired (and I recommend), sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese on top and/or a tiny sprinkle of kosher salt.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes before removing rolls from pan. Serve warm. {Que Gostoso!} These actually donít re-heat well so I recommend making and eating fresh.
Yield: anywhere from 16-24 rolls, depending on how full you fill your muffin pan. I fill mine pretty full (a good 3/4 full) and I generally get about 16-18.

Bobi

Old October 2nd, 2013, 02:39 PM
5,000+ Club

Thank you so much Bobi!

My wife is a fantastic baker and I will ask her to bake us some the next time she bakes stuff. Here is a photo of what she baked a few days ago.

Old November 30th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Cruise Critic Host ~ 20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by skigrams View Post
Well, I tried to get the recipe from RCCL for you but they replied that they no longer give out the recipes from the ships. So, I did a search and found this which is probably what you are talking about. Hope they taste the same as those in Samba's Grille!

Recipe by Our Best Bites

1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt

Bobi
Thank you for sharing this recipe. I love cheese bread and have them in Brazilian restaurants. I think you can buy mixes too but I'd rather make it by scratch using your recipe. Host Corkey

Old March 2nd, 2014, 11:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainman-2 View Post
Thank you so much Bobi!

My wife is a fantastic baker and I will ask her to bake us some the next time she bakes stuff. Here is a photo of what she baked a few days ago.

Yummy!!! Very beautiful! 😊

Yearly Traveler, Cruise Newbie!
United States: 43 states visited 🇺🇸
Favorite Travel Destination: St. John, USVI