Laundry on the Sea Princess??

wrkfire911

Just checking the deck plans for you on the Princess site. There seems to be one Midship on the Aloha Deck, midship on the Baja Deck, midship on the Caribe deck, forward on the Dolphin Deck and forward on the Emerald Deck.

If you go to the Princess website and pull up the deck plans you can see where they are located, http://www.princess.com/ships/cp/deck/cp_aloha_index.html

They are very tiny and in brown on the deck plans. And if you have a magnifing glass you might be able to read where it says 'self service Laundromat'. Kind of hard to read, but they are there.

Very tiny in reality too! We seem to remember that the one on Aloha was just four ironing boards and two machines. We think we have read somewhere on these boards that the machines were without charge but can't confirm this as we didn't use them, having the benefit of free laundry. (However, the stuff we sent was returned so badly finished that we popped in to press it all again ... and it was somewhat claustrophobic.)

Ibrasu

Thanks ToTo...I looked but only on the deck that we would be on. I know it's an older ship so i guess I'm spoiled with the Island and the laundries on each floor. I was hoping to run into someone who may have actually been on the ship and USED the self service laundry. I know on the Island Princess, the machines are front loaders BUT the are of normal size...have been on ships before that that the machines were very very small.

on the Island the self serve laundry it was $1 to wash and $1 to dry and of course they had a change machine in the room along with powdered soap and dryer sheets could be purchased for an additional $1.....which we brought our own of that

There are actually 2 washers and 2 dryers in each Sea Princess laundry room along with 3 small ironing boards. Everything is free except for the $1 boxes of detergent available at the purser's desk. Surprisingly, the laundry room near our cabin on the Caribe Deck got quite busy as we moved into the latter half of our 7-night cruise.

BobK/Orlando

just off Sea Princess 5/28 sailing

Archived