I Finally did it!

mguimond1990

After a ton of conversations, I have finally convinced my other half to go on a disney cruise! We were originally booked on a carnival cruise in september but I kept reading Disney trip reports (Idk if Gambee will read this, but that trip report was the cherry on top) and threads on here about "Disney Vs Carnival" and I just couldnt resist. We are first time cruisers and cant wait. The best part is we kind of crunched the numbers just to see the price difference and the Disney cruise was only about $150 more per person! Which to me, seeing Castaway Cay, for a little bit extra is worth it. Anyways, I just wanted to share my excitement. Thanks for reading :)

Edited by mguimond1990

Congrats! Which ship did you decide on and when are you going?

I just adore Castaway Cays and if they built a resort there, I would spend a vacation there in a heart beat. My hubby bought a t-shirt there and whenever he wears it, I first smile and then I get sad, because I miss it so much.

Congratulations! My first (ever) cruise was the Disney Dream last Sept 22 :) It was fantastic!! Castaway Cay is soooo beautiful and the ship and service were all top notch. I know you'll have a great time!

P.S. If you partake in adult beverages, being able to bring your own "supplies" on-board might make up the difference in price between Disney and Carnival ;)

After a ton of conversations, I have finally convinced my other half to go on a disney cruise! We were originally booked on a carnival cruise in september but I kept reading Disney trip reports (Idk if Gambee will read this, but that trip report was the cherry on top) and threads on here about "Disney Vs Carnival" and I just couldnt resist. We are first time cruisers and cant wait. The best part is we kind of crunched the numbers just to see the price difference and the Disney cruise was only about $150 more per person! Which to me, seeing Castaway Cay, for a little bit extra is worth it. Anyways, I just wanted to share my excitement. Thanks for reading :)

Enjoy....

Sent from my iPad.

Absolutely the right choice! You will be spoiled for ever more. :D

• 1 month later...

Thank you, Gambee for this great review and pics. I found out about the Disney Dream Cruise from your Carnival Breeze cruise review.

I was on Disney Wonder and it looks like the adult pool on Disney Dream is greatly improved. The next time I cruise with Disney will probably be to Alaska in 2017. 2005 on Disney Wonder and 2011 on NCL Jewel for the Nick cruise with my sister and her grandchildren plus my daughter. We are on the 6 year plan for cruises with my sister's grandchildren. I hope I am a grandma by 2017.

Edited by Susie51

Good choice. We just booked a back-to-back on the Dream Jan 30th to Feb 6, 2015 just so we can get out of the Northeast Winter for a while. Last year was brutal, and we did get out to get on the Dream Feb, 2014 but Central NJ where we live was plummeted with SNOW.

We are frequent cruisers and love DCL.

Good choice. We just booked a back-to-back on the Dream Jan 30th to Feb 6, 2015 just so we can get out of the Northeast Winter for a while. Last year was brutal, and we did get out to get on the Dream Feb, 2014 but Central NJ where we live was plummeted with SNOW.

We are frequent cruisers and love DCL.

Was that winter just the worst??? :( Ugh!! Fingers crossed for a better winter 14/15!