Baggage Transfer Services Out of New Orleans

Our flight isn't until 5pm and we would like to check out New Orleans for a few hours. Has anyone used this service?

Baggage Transfer Services

Rush It Courier Service operates a baggage transfer service at the cruise terminals that will deliver your baggage from the terminal to the airport. This is a perfect service for those that have later flights and want to enjoy the sights of the City after the cruise and before departing for home. A great way to extend the vacation. We are also working on a system to deliver bags from the airport to the cruise terminal on arrival, to allow those early arrivals to start their vacations early.

Our flight isn't until 5pm and we would like to check out New Orleans for a few hours. Has anyone used this service?

Baggage Transfer Services

Rush It Courier Service operates a baggage transfer service at the cruise terminals that will deliver your baggage from the terminal to the airport. This is a perfect service for those that have later flights and want to enjoy the sights of the City after the cruise and before departing for home. A great way to extend the vacation. We are also working on a system to deliver bags from the airport to the cruise terminal on arrival, to allow those early arrivals to start their vacations early.

I don't know if that's the same service we used when we got off the ship - but there is one right there - if you walk to your right (like you're going to the streetcar) when you exit the port, you'll see it. It was $20 to hold the bags for pickup in the same location, or $40 to take them to the airport. We chose to have them taken to the airport and it worked so slick! I even left my laptop - something I'd normally NEVER do - but I have to tell you, it was the BEST service - he was right there at baggage claim, exactly when we were supposed to meet, and it gave us the flexibility to explore the French Quarter, meet up with friends, have coffee, and do some shopping before taking a cab to the airport - I would use it again in a half a heartbeat!

• 3 weeks later...

Our flight isn't until 5 and I forgot all about that service. So you have the option of storing your luggage there or meeting up with your luggage at the airport? I'd rather walk around the city or explore on the streetcar instead of sitting in the airport!

Thanks for the update:)

I have to second what trvlqueen said. We just used the service right at the port when we came back on the Dream this past Sunday and it worked great.

I think they go by the name "Advance Check-in." They're really easy to find --- with a big sign right above their booth that says Luggage Storage or something like that. It looks like you can make reservations for the service on their website, but you don't need to. We just walked right up and were taken care of.

Our flight home wasn't until 3:45PM so we checked our luggage in with them and they took it to the airport while we shopped in the RiverWalk mall and toured the French Quarter (an easy walk from the port).

They also have a partnership with KLM airport transport service to pick you up in the French Quarter and shuttle you to the airport if you'd like. They picked us up at Cafe du Monde around 1:00, which was plenty of time to get to the airport, get our luggage, get checked in, etc. They were right on time and even called us when they were about 45 minutes away to confirm our meeting time and place. Very nice.

The pricing was:

$40 for up to 4 bags to be held and transferred to the airport.

$14/pp for the shuttle from the French Quarter to the airport.

When we got to the airport, they just dropped us off in baggage claim, where we met a rep there who brought us our luggage. Easy peasy and I'm so glad we didn't have to sit in the airport for hours!

I have to second what trvlqueen said. We just used the service right at the port when we came back on the Dream this past Sunday and it worked great.

I think they go by the name "Advance Check-in." They're really easy to find --- with a big sign right above their booth that says Luggage Storage or something like that. It looks like you can make reservations for the service on their website, but you don't need to. We just walked right up and were taken care of.

Our flight home wasn't until 3:45PM so we checked our luggage in with them and they took it to the airport while we shopped in the RiverWalk mall and toured the French Quarter (an easy walk from the port).

They also have a partnership with KLM airport transport service to pick you up in the French Quarter and shuttle you to the airport if you'd like. They picked us up at Cafe du Monde around 1:00, which was plenty of time to get to the airport, get our luggage, get checked in, etc. They were right on time and even called us when they were about 45 minutes away to confirm our meeting time and place. Very nice.

The pricing was:

$40 for up to 4 bags to be held and transferred to the airport.

$14/pp for the shuttle from the French Quarter to the airport.

When we got to the airport, they just dropped us off in baggage claim, where we met a rep there who brought us our luggage. Easy peasy and I'm so glad we didn't have to sit in the airport for hours!

X2:cool:. We used this service last April when we returned on the Serenade OTS and our flight wasn't until 5:00pm. The only difference was the FQ Music Festival was going on, so the shuttle service picked us up next to the old Mint Bldg instead of Cafe du Monde. All in all it worked out great and was worth the $$ to have more time in the FQ instead of sitting at the airport all day.

• 2 months later...