Breakaway M6 8130 Pictures

ncklhaus

Hi everyone. I was on the Breakaway from October 5 -12, 2014 in stateroom 8130, category M6. I traveled with my husband and my 7 year old daughter. The room had a Queen sized bed (2 twins pushed together) a couch that turns into a full, and a pull down twin. The large bed was very hard and you can definitely feel the separation between the two. We asked our stateroom steward Louisa for a mattress topper and it really helped. I don't think it was a true queen because my husbands feet hung off the end of the bed if he were to lay completely straight. He's 6' 2" tall. For the first night we also asked Louisa to set up both the couch and the pull down beds because our daughter wasn't sure which she would like to sleep in. She really wanted to try the pull down.;)

After she was in it for about 10 minutes, she wanted the couch bed. It wasn't that the bed was uncomfortable, because she said it was. She was a little scared she would fall out of it. Plus the ladder to get up into it is very close to the queen bed and it was creating an obstacle course for my husband. And he was sure to hit his head on it in the middle of the night. So after the first night, it was the couch bed from then on.

Next post I'll attach more pictures. I can only do 5 at a time.

Feel free to ask any questions.

20141007_172140_resized.jpg.a6c4d47b5df04dcb644f64042cff85f0.jpg

20141006_122204_resized.jpg.905ec9224d0c5c64d450b8615dbcc133.jpg

20141006_090000_resized_1.jpg.0737301922a34d5759ec5a8d4e79094b.jpg

20141005_220834_resized.jpg.bc25ea1f73c3160195d56a469b7d0b28.jpg

20141010_205108_resized.jpg.5ffeb31768156b72c72ba1fe8b7b6a1d.jpg

The Balcony is unbelievable. We first opened the sliding glass doors we were shocked. There were 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular deck chairs and a round dining table. So much room! We will never get any other category of stateroom unless it has a balcony this size. We saw some Haven rooms and I certainly wouldn't choose them over this one.

It may be just me, but I can't see spending all of that extra money to be in the Haven. We did get Vibe passes though. :D

20141005_122848_resized.jpg.ecb9790e313dc96d43a4d6b8ecf99cb0.jpg

20141006_085939_resized.jpg.13ad84c94cbd37caffddb34e706447c7.jpg

20141006_085952_resized_1.jpg.1fb881620284b61105c815a9fb2af91c.jpg

20141006_122139_resized_1.jpg.1ab4d2fb818d0657bec2638f612bd7d8.jpg

20141009_144144_resized.jpg.ac38b6fedf87bfff3b2e01f9137e3b80.jpg

Thanks for posting!! I was first choosing this room than switched to 8716...I feel the same way about Haven rooms Why spend all that extra money, so many of the balcony's are so small and coved, Sure some are crazy big, but than YOU don't want to leave it! We usually do Aft balconies or on other lines the Aft wrap, Now that is a balcony! How was the motion up front? (not worried about sea sickness, Just never cruised sideways or forward LOL.

Thanks for posting!! I was first choosing this room than switched to 8716...I feel the same way about Haven rooms Why spend all that extra money, so many of the balcony's are so small and coved, Sure some are crazy big, but than YOU don't want to leave it! We usually do Aft balconies or on other lines the Aft wrap, Now that is a balcony! How was the motion up front? (not worried about sea sickness, Just never cruised sideways or forward LOL.

We almost never felt any motion. I think only on the second to last night when we were outrunning a storm. Otherwise I have felt more motion on upper levels mid-ship.

Thanks for the post.

Wondering if you heard any noise from the theater at night while in your cabin?

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

None. Zip. Zero. :D

When on the balcony we could hear some noise from the Waterfront, but with the balcony closed not a sound.

Hey JoAnn I am on the Nov 2 - Nov 9 cruise and I was wandering if you posted the dailies yet. I want to get a jump on planning our days. Also was the pool heated to a kid friendly temp? How about on the Private island, what was the water like? Thanks so much in advance

Hey JoAnn I am on the Nov 2 - Nov 9 cruise and I was wandering if you posted the dailies yet. I want to get a jump on planning our days. Also was the pool heated to a kid friendly temp? How about on the Private island, what was the water like? Thanks so much in advance

I have not gotten to posting the dailies yet, its so much work!:eek:

If you have any specific questions I can answer, ask away.

The pools were heated to about 84°, absolutely perfect. Great Stirrup Cay was phenomenal! We were able to get a small cabaña and it was the best decision we ever made. We stayed at the island from 9:30am (1st tender) until almost 3pm. We never stay that long. Tenders run about every 15 minutes so there's no waiting to go back. If you get a cabaña they have a tram to take you there. And there are bathrooms and a second buffet area nearby. I highly recommend one. Here are some pictures of the cabaña and the view from it. Heavenly.

20141008_124636_resized.jpg.bc22dbebdfa0dfc4968e69070aede6f1.jpg

20141008_124701_resized.jpg.db24ba88708fd4749ed80f2c805de71d.jpg

20141008_093347_resized.jpg.b496e817586598d49035a34893d21328.jpg

20141008_134119_resized.jpg.fc2837ac1c3acfead9ea3bc74b0a5f6d.jpg

Great pics. My family and are cruising Nov. 9 we are staying in room 8724 mini suite with large balcony

You'll love it! You will be on the starboard(right) side, we were on the port(left) side. You'll be nice and close to everything, but not too close that you are disturbed by noise. We loved that we were on deck 8, just down the hall to the forward elevator bank.

Thanks for the pics. That Is our cabin on Sunday the 19th and friends are in 8126. We will have 4 people in that cabin(2 adults and 2 teens)! Looks like is going to be a little tight. Maybe I will bring my sleeping bag and sleep on the balcony.

NO need for a sleeping bag out there, just take the couch cushion and or ask for a topper and put on your lounge chairs... LOL.....

We almost never felt any motion. I think only on the second to last night when we were outrunning a storm. Otherwise I have felt more motion on upper levels mid-ship.

sounds about perfect to me, Just keep dreaming of Jan. 4th! 12 days to explore the ship and 6 islands to soak up the sunshine and culture! Now to get through the Holiday's and don't break my bank!

This will be our 2nd time on breakaway but not in this room. We sail every year when kids go free. My kids are 12 and 5. They absolutely loved the sports deck last year and the kids camp is amazing. They can't wait to be dropped off at the camp so the hubby and I can have some alone time.

Thanks so much for posting these pictures.

My arrangements are similar 2 adults and an 8yo kid. I like the options. And I was worried that the kid may roll out of the pull from the ceiling bunk, glad there is a rail. But I like that he also has the option to sleep on the couch.

Thanks this was awesome.

The Balcony is unbelievable. We first opened the sliding glass doors we were shocked. There were 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular deck chairs and a round dining table. So much room! We will never get any other category of stateroom unless it has a balcony this size. We saw some Haven rooms and I certainly wouldn't choose them over this one.

It may be just me, but I can't see spending all of that extra money to be in the Haven. We did get Vibe passes though. :D

When did they start putting those awesome tables on the M6 Balconies?! Those weren't there in May!

I just happened to see your post, because we were on the same week, and as I was looking through your pictures noticed you had cabana 19 and we had 18, we were neighbors lol! In one of your pictures my husband and daughter are walking towards the water... 😃😃

Those cabanas were worth every penny I absolutely loved it!

We actually did a back to back so the week before we were in Bermuda... It was so nice... I'm sad to be home!😭

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

sounds about perfect to me, Just keep dreaming of Jan. 4th! 12 days to explore the ship and 6 islands to soak up the sunshine and culture! Now to get through the Holiday's and don't break my bank!

You can do it! It is SO worth it. I can't wait to book again. I'm just waiting to be able to afford to go again when my daughter is not in school. That tends to be an expensive time. I need "Kids Sail Free"!!

This will be our 2nd time on breakaway but not in this room. We sail every year when kids go free. My kids are 12 and 5. They absolutely loved the sports deck last year and the kids camp is amazing. They can't wait to be dropped off at the camp so the hubby and I can have some alone time.

Our daughter loved kids club. We can't wait to book Breakaway away again.:D

Thanks so much for posting these pictures.

My arrangements are similar 2 adults and an 8yo kid. I like the options. And I was worried that the kid may roll out of the pull from the ceiling bunk, glad there is a rail. But I like that he also has the option to sleep on the couch.

Thanks this was awesome.

My daughter is a roller, so the rail didn't make me very comfortable. I'd let your kid "decide" on the couch like we did. It just took a little conversation to sway her opinion to be the same as ours. :eek:

I just happened to see your post, because we were on the same week, and as I was looking through your pictures noticed you had cabana 19 and we had 18, we were neighbors lol! In one of your pictures my husband and daughter are walking towards the water...

Those cabanas were worth every penny I absolutely loved it!

We actually did a back to back so the week before we were in Bermuda... It was so nice... I'm sad to be home!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

OMG! I think I have more pictures of them! If I find them, I'll let you know.

What a fantastic day we had! :p

We stayed in this cabin in June..............Loved it! We will be booking it again. We also got Vibe passes but I only used it one day, I was on the balcony most of the day never even went to the pool :)

VIBE TRIBE!! We were only there a few days as well, but it was well worth it. I'd do it all over again.