Christmas Cruise onboard Voyager of the seas - Dec, 2014

I have done a review of our cruise here on cruise critic but thought I'd also let you all know about my blog and vlogs. We had junior suites and promenade view rooms. Since I can't seem to include links, my blog is below and from there you'll find a link to my youtube channel, or you can search libbywithnall1.

I'm also happy to answer any questions you have about the ship and this cruise in particular.

Edited by Libbywithnall
links don't work

Hi Libby,

Thanks for the review. We will be on voyager in 2 weeks. I found a few of your vlog entries on youtube when searching for info on the refurbishment.

Glad you had a good time with your family :)

Do you know if there were the freestyle coke machines on board? Also do you happen to know if diamond members get the three drink vouchers on their seapass each day? Apparently it is supposed to be fleet wide but I haven't seen anyone mention it for Australian based cruises.

:)

Unfortunately there are no freestyle coke machines any more. And with less wait staff it did make it difficult to get soft drinks at time. We rarely bothered in Windjammers as you have to to the bar - which is most time busy. We tended to go to cafe promenade (at quiet times this was great) or Cafe Promenade). Luckily they were close to lift we used. I just made sure to take my cup so I could refill before going back to the room. Some bars and the main theatre no longer provide frozen cocktails - which I found very disappointing, esp. in the theatre. I'm only an emerald member so can't help you in regards to the diamond question - sorry.

Enjoy your upcoming trip. I think if you go knowing some things have changed, you will be prepared and have an amazing time.

Hi Libby,

Also do you happen to know if diamond members get the three drink vouchers on their seapass each day? Apparently it is supposed to be fleet wide but I haven't seen anyone mention it for Australian based cruises.

:)

Hi

Yes Diamond members are getting the free drink vouchers on their seapass on cruises from Australia.

We were on the Rhapsody in December and we got our 3 drink vouchers on our seapass each day. You can only use them during the normal cocktail time of 5pm to 8.30pm and not in any restaurants. But you can go to a bar first and get a drink and take it to dinner with you. We found this to be great as we were traveling with non diamond members. So we could have our per dinner drinks with our friends.

Cheers Trish

• 2 weeks later...