Dining in Aruba

timalicia

We will be stopping in Aruba in December and will be there until midnight. I would like to have dinner at a nice restaurant maybe with a nice view out to sea or something like that.

Can anyone help? Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you want view of the ocean i would suggest the Flying Fishbone it is right on the beach. It is about 30 mins from the pier by taxi. Food is outstanding yet a bit steep the atmosphere is amazing. Where can you eat a gourmet dinner with your shoes off and feet on the sand! :)

http://www.flyingfishbone.com/index.html

Thank you premiumrican. The flying fishbone looks like a great place, albeit a little expensive, but how often would we get to go there for dinner. We have made our reservation for the 20th of December and I can not wait.

Thank you.

If you want view of the ocean i would suggest the Flying Fishbone it is right on the beach. It is about 30 mins from the pier by taxi. Food is outstanding yet a bit steep the atmosphere is amazing. Where can you eat a gourmet dinner with your shoes off and feet on the sand! :)

http://www.flyingfishbone.com/index.html

Thirty minutes by cab? Is it easy to arrange for a cab back? One thought I had was to do a late beach day in the vicinity of the restaurant, followed by dinner. Do you know if there are beaches to lounge around at in the vicinity?

TIA for your response!

No there really are not, but the island is so small, you can easily do both.

Lots travel to the resturants by cab, and usually when you enter a resturant thy will ask you if you came by cab. They make cab arrangements for you to get back to where you came from!!... They are really very good, they watch you and have the cab ready for you right when you are about to leave.

• 4 weeks later...

This restaurant was AWESOME! Very elegant. A bit pricy.....but the food was OUTSTANDING! BEAUTIFUL setting. Can't remember exactly where it was. Just get in a cab and say...."Valentino's". Voted best restaurant in the Caribbean a few years ago. Reservations only I think.

I strongly suggest Marandi, it is right on the beach. The food is much better than Flying Fishbone. It is also much closer to the pier. We visit Aruba twice a year. I would be happy to offer any other advice. Do a search for their website. It has pictures and their menu. You need a reservation to dine there.

Bella

We just ate in town last week at the Rumba Cafe (I believe that is the name of it). It was a smaller place with a kitchen you could see through the glass. They have a charcoal grill that they prepare everything on. I believe we had lobster, filet mignon, coconut shrimp and quite a few other things and were very happy with the food, price and service. It was about $21 for the Filet Mignon. The total bill for four people with drinks, appetizers, entrees and dessert was around $150.

Aruba is one of our ports of call, and we're going to make it a shopping day. We'd love some suggestions for lunch, perhaps near one of the malls. We'd love to try local food, and, of course, we'll de dressed very casually.

Thanks!

Archived