Post Tahiti. What to do?

laurelguy

So the ship docks on Friday morning but our Air France flight doesn't leave til Sunday morning...We're torn over whether we should just stay at the Meridien for 2 nights or be more daring and go back to Moorea which is so close. Any ideas?

We are in the same situation.

We are going to stay in Papeete for 2 nights. We will probably rent a car and drive around the island on Friday or Saturday (there is a bunch to see such as water falls and black sand beaches etc).

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/tahiti/684116

In downtown Papeete they setup food trucks at night which is really fun. There are a lot of them serving all different types of food,

You could also take a 4x4 interior tour of the island tour which we may end up doing. Check tripadvisor for operators.

Moorea is easy to get to with the ferry but I suspect you would have to stay in Papeete on Saturday night due to the ferry schedule.

peter

Right on Peter. Did the PG several years ago and was only in Papeete pre and post cruise for a few hours. Le Meridien uses SPG so at least we get 2 free nights because of our accrued points. Moorea is on the itinerary already so going back may be silly (although a gorgeous island)...thanks for the link of stuff to do. When is your Spirit cruise?

If you're okay with relaxing, I would just stay at the Le Meridien. My husband and I just did this. It was so nice to relax and swim in the pool/lagoon.

You can rent a car through the hotel. It was I think $60 for 24 hours. You leave it at the hotel when you're done. You can easily drive around the island in 4 hours.

Heads up, the waterfalls are closed. You can only drive partway up the road to see them. They are fixing the main road to get to them. You can drive to the blow hole.

I would suggest relaxing on Friday and renting a car Saturday