Getting to Quebec City options

Hello!

We have sailed one NE/Canada sailing on Grandeur from Baltimore.

We are considering another sailing, and wonder about the cruises that sail from New Jersey one way to Quebec City. Does anyone have experience flying to a US city and renting a car and driving to Quebec City? Or other options...

Just looking right now - might even consider Anthem, and probably for 2018, but not convinced that I want to do Grandeur again.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Many cruisers (especially families) choose to rent a car to travel between Québec City and the US (cheaper and more flexibility compared to other options).

For those who fly, the Montréal hub (YUL) has more flight options compared to Québec City (YQB). Sometimes, cruise lines can get you a well priced plane ticket to YQB. From what I have seen, it will not be cheaper for you to fly into a US city then renting a car. Often, after flying into Montréal, people will drive, take the train (Via Rail) or the bus (Orléans Express). Amtrak also has a NYC-Montréal route.

This link contains a lot of info and testimonials:

"Car? Train? Bus? Montreal to Quebec?":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2319827

Since you live in Maryland, it might be worth it to drive all the way. Because it is about an 11 hour drive, a stop in a B+B in Vermont or Eastern Townships ("Cantons-de-l'Est" region situated near the border) might be an idea. If you do decide to drive, bring along a GPS as all road signs in Québec are in French. I would take Highway 91 rather than 87 (the Champlain border crossing there can be quite busy).

Edited by Jolie_Cruiser

Thank you for the great information and links. We are still in the decision stage. I read some people fly to Vermont or New Hamlshire, then rent a car, but that still seems a long drive.

Grandeur was ok, but I would like to perhaps try a slightly different/longer itinerary.

Thank you again!