Azura Repositioning Transatlantic

Dxx247

Hi guys

I'm thinking of booking the transatlantic repositioning cruise on Azura this October. I'm a bit apprehensive about the sailing conditions on the way over. Can anybody help out with information? It'd be much appreciated.

Dxx

Hi guys

I'm thinking of booking the transatlantic repositioning cruise on Azura this October. I'm a bit apprehensive about the sailing conditions on the way over. Can anybody help out with information? It'd be much appreciated.

Dxx

We have done one in November..December..you are not sailing north Atlantic, you are much further south..usually stopping in materials or Azores..our weather was lovely both ways.

Hi guys

Dxx

Weather on our Caribbean Transatlantic from 2012 (I am a sad git and write a daily journal!) :D

Sat 3 Nov (first day after leaving Southampton)

Woke up 210 miles from Southampton off the Brest peninsular weather scattered clouds and sun but a chilly 10 degrees

Sun 4 Nov

Just off the north coast of Spain still scattered clouds and sun a cool 13 degree today’s course will take us down the coast of Portugal lets hope I can start getting the summer clothes out and the temperature starts rising

Mon 5 Nov

8.30am south of Lisbon heading southwest towards Madeira 1000 miles from Southampton weather bright but overcast and 16 degrees

11am balcony door now open the sun is trying to shine and it’s a ‘balmy’ 17 degrees maybe it will reach 20 by this afternoon…yes it did!

Tue 6 Nov

Madeira weather very showery and 18 degrees

Wed 7 Nov

First of five days across the Atlantic broken cloud a few showers 18 degrees, 2700 miles to Tortola not yet level with the Canary Islands so expecting to get warmer once we turn south.

Thu 8 Nov

1000 miles out in the Atlantic sunny and 21 degrees

Fri 9 Nov

Weather really getting hot now midday temperature 27 degrees

Sat 10 Nov

Still 1000 mile to go but 23 degrees at 7am scattered clouds and sun mid twenties by midday again

Sun 11 Nov

3578 miles from Southampton with 475 miles to Tortola overcast but very warm at 26 degrees at 8am

Mon 12 Nov

Land at last Tortola it’s a steaming 27 degrees but heavy showers and sunny intervals typical Tortola weather travelled 4059 miles since Southampton.

We never had any rough seas of note a smooth crossing from start to finish :)

It's really hard to tell what the weather will be like; we sailed the TA repositioning on Azura in 2013, and the weather was shocking for the first few days. Many passengers suffered sea-sickness, having injections whilst on board, etc. We couldn't go up on deck as the rains were so bad and the ship became quite crowded. But once past the Azores, the weather was more beautiful every day. So, potentially the weather could be rough for the first 3 days, but the payoff comes very soon as you head south. If the price is right for you, go for it!