Hurricane Wilma and Carnival .. Neither can decide what to do !

Kahhli

I am getting thoroughly disgusted with Carnival.

RC has already posted the cancelled Monday cruises due to the closing of the Port of Miami, actually they did that yesterday.

Carnival will still not confirm anything for Monday and my flight is supposed to take off at 12:00 from PA today to head to Miami.

I checked with my hotel and they said if they are ordered to evacuate then we will have to leave the hotel we had booked tonight and go to a shelter.

From what I see on the Weather Channel Miami is also under a Hurricane warning and mandatory evactation.

Why would it take Carnival so much longer to make a descision than it did RC ?

When I talked to Carnival the rep he said if Carnival doesnt cancel and we dont show then we forfeit all of the money .

The rep also said Carnival wont make any descision til after 1 or 2 pm today.

I understand that they have a forfeiture rule .... but Miami is under a HURRICANE warning !

I cant be the only cruiser thats flying in and having to deal with this.

The longer Carnival holds out its going to be near impossible for me to get a flight into Miami on Tuesday morning to make this trip.

Is anyone else dealing with this ??? :confused: :eek:

I'm sure it is difficult because nobody knows what it is going to do at this point. I would imagine at the next report from the NHC they will make a decision. From what I have read, the mandatory evacuation is for mobile homes... they MAY issue limited evacuations later today...

Keep checking canival.com today.....this is what they are saying now:

If you are scheduled to depart from Miami, Port Everglades or Tampa on Monday, please understand that we have not made itinerary changes at this time. We will update this information if changes are required, so we would suggest that you check back here periodically over the weekend.

Thanks Randy

They have had that notice posted since Sat at 4:00 pm.

Im just in a quandry here with what to do today.

We did change our flight to 5:30 tonight in hopes that by then Carnival will let us know what they have decided.

Just venting a bit !!

Kahhli

Here is the info on your cruise:

Fascination from Miami - The 4 day cruise scheduled to depart on Monday, October 24 will be changed to a 3 day cruise to Nassau and Freeport departing on Tuesday, October 25. Guests that were booked on the 4 day cruise and sail on the new 3 day cruise will receive a 25% refund of cruise fare and a $50 per person onboard credit. Boarding is expected to begin at 3:00 PM and departure will be at 7:00 PM. Guests that elect to cancel will receive a full cruise fare refund. If guests elect to cancel, we request that you call Carnival (1-800-327-9501) and cancel your booking.

Thanks ... heres the latest from Carnival

Tropical Weather Update – October 23, 2005 10:00 AM

We are closely monitoring the progress of Hurricane Wilma. At Carnival, the safety and comfort of our guests and crew is our number one priority. We will navigate our ships at a safe distance from the storm at all times.

Based on the current forecasted track of the storm, we are expecting all of our Florida departures on Sunday to depart as scheduled.

Due to the approach of the storm, the Ports of Miami, Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) and Tampa will be closed on Monday. We will now make the following changes to our Monday departures:

Fascination from Miami - The 4 day cruise scheduled to depart on Monday, October 24 will be changed to a 3 day cruise to Nassau and Freeport departing on Tuesday, October 25. Guests that were booked on the 4 day cruise and sail on the new 3 day cruise will receive a 25% refund of cruise fare and a $50 per person onboard credit. Boarding is expected to begin at 3:00 PM and departure will be at 7:00 PM. Guests that elect to cancel will receive a full cruise fare refund. If guests elect to cancel, we request that you call Carnival (1-800-327-9501) and cancel your booking.

Imagination from Miami - The 5 day cruise scheduled to depart on Monday, October 24 will be changed to a 4 day cruise to Ocho Rios departing on Tuesday, October 25. Guests that were booked on the 5 day cruise and sail on the new 4 day cruise will receive a 20% refund of cruise fare and a $50 per person onboard credit. Boarding is expected to begin at 3:00 PM and departure will be at 7:00 PM. Guests that elect to cancel will receive a full cruise fare refund. If guests elect to cancel, we request that you call Carnival (1-800-327-9501) and cancel your booking.

Inspiration from Tampa - The 5 day cruise scheduled to depart on Monday, October 24 will be changed to a 4 day cruise to Grand Cayman departing on Tuesday, October 25. Guests that were booked on the 5 day cruise and sail on the new 4 day cruise will receive a 20% refund of cruise fare and a $50 per person onboard credit. Guests that elect to cancel will receive a full cruise fare refund. If guests elect to cancel, we request that you call Carnival (1-800-327-9501) and cancel your booking.

Carnival Legend from Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) - The 8 day cruise scheduled to depart on Monday, October 24 will be changed to a 7 day cruise to San Juan, St. Maarten, Tortola and Nassau departing on Tuesday, October 25. Guests that were booked on the 8 day cruise and sail on the new 7 day cruise will receive a 15% refund of cruise fare and a $50 per person onboard credit. Guests that elect to cancel will receive a full cruise fare refund. If guests elect to cancel, we request that you call Carnival (1-800-327-9501) and cancel your booking.

In addition, we have made the following storm-related itinerary changes:

Celebration October 22 from Jacksonville - This cruise will visit Freeport (Sun.) and Nassau (Tue.)

Carnival Glory October 22 from Port Canaveral - This cruise will visit Nassau (Sun.), St. Thomas (Tue.) and San Juan (Wed.)

Elation October 22 from Galveston - This cruise will visit Veracruz (Mon.) and Progreso (Tue.)

Carnival Victory October 23 from Miami - This cruise will visit San Juan (Tue.), St. Maarten (Wed.) and St. Thomas (Thur.)

Carnival Miracle October 23 from Tampa – This cruise will visit Belize (Tue.), Ocho Rios (Thur.) and Grand Cayman (Fri.).

All other departures are expected to operate the scheduled itineraries.

we are leaving on 10/30/05 on the victory and I am hoping all will be well by then-- the best thing to do is contact the port of miami or go to their website and THEN contact carnival and share the info from the port and THEN you will get a direct answer....:)

we are leaving on 10/30/05 on the victory and I am hoping all will be well by then-- the best thing to do is contact the port of miami or go to their website and THEN contact carnival and share the info from the port and THEN you will get a direct answer....:)

You forgot the real person who knows where the storm is going - Hurricane Wilma! The rest of us are just waiting.

Archived