laptop internet on Star?

bellasorella

I know it has been discussed here, but can't find the posts.....can someone tell me how it works on Star if you bring your own laptop with wireless card? I do know that the atrium is where you can get a signal, and you have to buy a block of time, but how does it worK? What are the rates, and do you have to buy their wireless card, or not? Esp. interested in how it works on Star Princess, and recently. We are cruising in (gulp!) 10 days!!! Thanks all....

Sandra

You buy a card from the Purser's desk @ $10.50 for 30 minutes. Just go down to the Atrium and off to the side are several stations which gives the best connection. Log on using the numbers that are on your card.

When you log on each time you can see how many minutes you have left. If you sit on one of the sofas in the atrium the connection is acceptable but not as strong.

BTW, your wireless card should work.

I bought the wireless pass for my laptop, for four days they had several very annoyed people- several businessmen that could not connect finally on day five they admitted there was a problem with the router that was unfixable (they did say each day it was being worked on) they refunded my pass price of 10.50 and I used the internet cafe to check in our flights, frankly if you don't need to do a lot the internet cafe is a better deal as it is just .35 a minute so you don't have to buy a whole half hour.

Archived