Costa changed our cabin w/o notice

Lori334

We are scheduled to go on the Magica on 4/16. We were confirmed in a balcony and inside quad. on the 9th deck. My TA called an said he just found out that the quad was moved to the 2nd deck. We have the original cabins on our confirmation. Our TA is checking on it. Do we have recourse? We booked a while ago. The inside cabin needs to be near us.

Couple of questions....

Were the bookings cross-referenced so that they knew you were travelling as a family? Do you actually have a copy of the Costa confirmation or your TA has it? Did you see the original Costa confirmation with those cabins #'s?

Usually cruise lines will notify the TA if they need to change cabins for one reason or another, perhaps it was a handicap accessible room?

You should be able to get those rooms back or they should give you 2 other rooms that are near each other, especially if there are minors involved.

The reservation should be noted as to why the change, unless it was some computer glitch.

If they are not resolving it to your satisfaction, you can fax the original copies to them.

Hope it works out to your advantage.

Hi!

Yes, I have the original copies of my confirmation. I hope my TA will straighten this out. I don't know if the reservations were X-referenced indicating we were traveling as a family.

I booked 4 cabins on this cruise!

Supposedly, my TA had no knowledge of this change.

Very frustrating!

Last year, we took the Costa Med. in Feb. Friends had to cancel at the last minute and included with their cancellation, Costa cancelled our flights....It was a good thing I called the night before to confirm the times and a better thing.was Delta got us on the flights.

I wonder if Costa messes up alot!!!

If you have the paperwork, it should be just fine. Hey you might get a nice upgrade if that room was given to someone else. Is it possible that the other room was a handicap accessible stateroom? If it was, they might have "taken" it for that reason if someone needed it. But they should move you elsewhere, both rooms together. That's why xref the reservations is important. Let me know how it goes I'm curious.

AND....ALL cruise lines mess up!

We booked ours a month in advance.. next day we got a call the room was a H/C room.. and like you they wanted us to go the the 2nd level or pay some more money. We said no and I think that we called Costa or his superviser. They put us off for 3 weeks, 5 days before Christmas and then called with the new room # and mail conformation to us... Fine until we got to the part to put up the bags and then we had a problem, We was not on the manifest.. Even with a conformation in hand. He marched us up infront of everyone (which made lots of people mad at us for what they thought we were line jumping) and took us to the counter. There they gave us or upgraded us to bal. And we did not have to go back through the long line. But the tickets were not printed and It took the imigration awhile to clear us too! once we got on the boat we had to sit for a half hour. And then it took us several attempts to get our dinner time and so on. And the room key. But it worked out ok for us. Im just glad that I didn't have to turn around and drive 3 hours back home. I think that if you have a conformation number, and your card has been charged you should call the Costa cruise line directly. The cost for the 2nd level should be much cheaper than they quoted. If you are paying the price for the upper level you should get the quality that you paid for. Once the TA swipes that card, call Costa to complain or at least check to see if it good for the rooms together, They have the power to get it straight.

• 1 month later...

Archived