Voyager review (short)

I won't go into huge detail I just want to make a few comments.

The ship was beautiful but in my opinion it is too big,will book a smaller ship next time.

Stateroom service was good, room was always done nicely ,our stateroom attendant was rarely to be seen ,but with the size of this ship he was

probably just too busy.

Bar service was slower than on the other ships I have been on(especially on the pool deck)but then we go back to the ship size and number of passengers.

Dining room service was excellant as was the service in the windjammer and Island grill.

Well here we go ,the food,Portofino's was the best meal we had all week ,the dining room food was good at best and fair (mostly fair ) at worst.Now we get to my most most negative ,the Windjammer food ,to be blunt,it SUCKED how RCCL can even call this food is beyond me ,when you need a steak knife to cut a meatball ,well you get the picture.

DW and I had a great time on this ship and we did have a great relaxing cruise,

for us the ship was just too big(unlikely we will ever see the Freedom) most likely it will be back to the Granduer.

I have to agree about the size of the Voyager. Although we had a nice time on our cruise to Bermuda last fall on the Voyager, we felt that it was just too big. One example is traffic patterns: (1) as we tried to relax in the Solarium there was a constant stream of people walking through, (2) the same thing when trying to listen to music in one of the lounges.

We have sailed on the Empress and the Serenade (our favorite) previously and are thinking of trying a smaller ship this winter - the Legend.

We just returned from the Voyager and I could not agree with you more about the Windjammer food at lunch. The choices were horrible and I was going to get one of those meatballs and glad I passed. We had hamburgers everyday for lunch which were pretty good but it gets a little old. We started waiting till afternoon tea for tacos and nachos which were very good.

The bar service was just a little off. I don't know if they had alot of new crew on board for the Europe sailings or what but believe me I never had a problem getting a drink.

The Voyager is still my favorite ship and she is in excellent condition!

Anyone sailing soon find Haydar the bartender and believe me the service will be above and beyond.

I was on the cruise also and I agree with you about the food in the windjammer. We also started the afternoon tea for lunch to get something better to eat. Breakfast wasnt any better. We were on the Jewl last year and the food was much better but I dont know if Royal has cut back to save money from last year or if the food is better (worse ) from ship to ship. The dining room food at dinner each night was very good in my opinion.

Also I noticed alot of vibration in the rear half of the ship while we were moving. Going from the Jewel to the larger Voyager I was suprised to feel that.

However the ship is in very good condition and we really enjoyed our cruise overall and booked on board for the western cruise next May.

Archived