Silvermoon?

sunlover5

I went to the website and went to contact us. How long before they get back with you??? The did not have any pricing and I wanted to see if they were available for our date when we would be in Barbados. Thanks!

I went to the website and went to contact us. How long before they get back with you??? The did not have any pricing and I wanted to see if they were available for our date when we would be in Barbados. Thanks!

Emma Edwards got back to us within a day or two......We went on the Sivermoon this past March.....The cost was $100.00 per adult and $70.00 for kids 12 and under. We had a wonderful time. :)

I emailed them last night and just got a reply. Basically, for Silvermoon, it's 5 hours, swim, snorkel and eat and drink for $100.00 pp, and for Silvermoon II, it $82.50 pp, for basically the same thing, but this boat carries 24, and the other only 12. We've heard great things about them too.

Since it is the weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't hear back until Monday.

This is a great excursion. We are booking it again for our next cruise. It was the perfect way end our week's cruise.

• 1 month later...
I emailed them last night and just got a reply. Basically, for Silvermoon, it's 5 hours, swim, snorkel and eat and drink for $100.00 pp, and for Silvermoon II, it $82.50 pp, for basically the same thing, but this boat carries 24, and the other only 12. We've heard great things about them too.

We went this past January. It was 100. per person. We thought it was ok. Lunch was ok--chicken, rice, salad and something else. They didn't take you that far out from where you originate, maybe 20 minutes. You snorkle for about 15-20 or so. I would have much preferred to snorkle longer and swim longer, also a longer sail back to the dock. JMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

Good question Baily57...can anyone tell us anything more about this Silvermoon Cat trip...we have 18 of us interested, but for $100 we want more than just a little time for snorkling and swimming....for 5 hours you must do something else!!

With 18 of you - you would be looking at the Silvermoon II - which (I believe) is in the $80-85/pp range. Silvermoon carries a maximum of 12 and Silvermoon II carries a maximum of 24.

I just booked Silvermoon for April 07 NCL Pearl sailing - we will have two different snorkel stops (one to snorkel with turtles and second over a reef/wreck), plus sail time and lunch.

They are very responsive to e-mail - within 10 minutes of sending my e-mail I received an answer! Katrina (from Silvermoon) did let me know that they were already booking well into next April and suggested that we book now (which we did). You will need to give 50% deposit upon booking - this is refundable should the ship not make port or if Ocean Adventures needs to cancel.

Just went on the Silver Moon 1 a week and a half ago. The catamaran is simply beautiful. We left at 11 and got back a little before 4 pm. We did have to leave about 30 min. earlier because a storm was approaching. The ride back in was quite rough, but exciting!! We had 11 on the SM 1 and all had a wonderful time. Snorkeling with the turtles was awesome. I got some great pictures. If you don't like to snorkel, they'll bring them right up to the catamaran if you want to see them. Lots of space on the SM 1 for relaxing...whether it be sun or shade. We saw other cats the same size but had close to 40 people on them...more of a cattle call if you ask me. The bar was open and they were serving us whenever we wanted. Lunch was flying fish, shepherd's pie, vegetable rice, rolls/butter, and salad. Quite tasty! On the way back they mixed a batch of pina coladas and strawberry dacquiris along w/ chocolate chip cookies. Yumm.

I'd certainly do it again....and just might this coming January. :rolleyes:

2vacruisers - Sounds like you had a great time! Can you address our confusion about butterfly's comments above by telling us approximate time spent sailing to and from, and snorkeling at the two sites? Thanks.

Bailey...We left at 11 am and returned at 3:30. We were supposed to return at 4pm, but we had to bail early due to an approaching storm. Our first stop was at a nice cove area. Our 2nd stop was where the turtles were. I can't remember if we sailed to another spot or not (we went on 3 different sails this cruise, so it's hard for me to keep track). At either rate, it was fabulous. Husband seems to think we stopped at 3 places, but I think two. Guess I'm not much help!!!

Here are my Silver Moon pictures. They start on page 5 of this album. The first four pages are from Dominica...a beautiful island.

Webshots - Images of Southern Caribbean - 2

We have done this excursion and it amazes me that someone could feel less than thrilled with it. I took my family of 5 and it truly was the highlite of our vacation. The catamaran is huge and you feel like its your personal sailboat with so few people on it. We did stop at 3 different areas to snorkel, the turtles being heart stopping fun. The captains are so friendly and kind and the lunch was delicious. I'm trying to find out if they have openings for our upcoming cruise in December. The price has gone up since we went but I can honestly say that you will feel the money was very well spent. I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination and I look for deals all the time in every area but 100.00pp will get you 5 hours that you will never forget and sits as a deal in my book.

Thanks everyone. I was surprised by butterfly's comments as everything else I've seen about silvermoon was overwelmingly positive. No matter what, a bad day on the water will always trump a good day at work. :D

Thanks you guys...it's wonderful to see such enthusiastic reviews about an excursion we're planning...we have 24 of us interested for Feb. 08 so guess we'll be on Silvermoon II, and who knows, we may get a gang on I also, we are a huge thread for the Explorer Feb. 3/08. It sounds well worth the $100 per head or whatever...thanks for all the pictures and infor everyone...much appreciated.

Loie

2VaCruzers - I have a question for you.... we are booked on Silvermoon I next month. I looked at your pictures (which were wonderful)

Do they provide life jackets for you if you want to get in the water but can't swim?

I am going with my kids and their friends - I don't swim, but I don't want to miss out on all the fun - especially since I am paying for everyone ! ;)

Dee..they absolutely do provide life jackets. And I wore one just because I snorkel for so long that if I get tired, I can just float around. They'll provide snorkel and fins, too if you like. You name it, they have it. :D You'll have a great time. And if there's anyone who doesn't get in the water, he'll feed the turtles right at the Silver Moon so that you can see them up close.

ENJOY!!

Went with them in March of this year. Great time! One issue not mentioned above. You can book a similar tour through the ship, many more people, less person service and attention and higher cost than the Silver Moon I. If this tour appeals to you, by all means book with Silver Moon. We went on SIlver Moon II and there were on 8 other people -- 10 total -- and still only $87.50 US.

Ohio, How far in advance did you book the Silvermoon? We will be there at the end of August. Do you think it's too late to book?

Who knows? Try emailing them and see. It can't hurt to try. We booked about 8 months in advance ourselves, and managed to get a lower price than the other people on our sailing, because they raised the prices after we booked.

We booked about 3 weeks in advance. Sent an e-mail first to inquire about availability. The Silvermoon folks replied in about a day with an e-mail and a form to send them with credt card information for the deposit. FAXed the form to them and they provided detailed information about where to meet their shuttle to the boat. When we arrived in Barbabos, we followed the signs, showed up at the appointed place and time, and they took it from there. A great time was had by all!:)

Archived