??? Limo --- Philly to Red Hook

cynbar

I know I saw a discussion awhile back amongst some early Crown cruisers, talking about a limo service which would pick up passengers at several locations on embarkation day and take them directly to the pier, then do a return trip on disembarkation day. One of the pick-up points was in Philadelphia. Does anyone have any info on this?? A search didn't seem to produce any results for me. We'll be driving down from Massachusetts for our 8/25 Crown cruise, but our daughter is joining us from Philly and this might be an option for her. Thanks for your help...

cynbar, I posted about that. You may have seen mine, or perhaps another's post, but here is the info again.

Where is your daughter? Dave's Shuttle has pickup points on the west side of the city (Holiday Inn City Line) and north side (Embassy Suites Roosevelt Blvd. & Grant). I can't swear to the north pickup point - we used that spot in 1998. We are departing from the Holiday Inn tomorrow. :)

Here's the email they sent to me, confirming my reservation. (actually, I had to call to confirm. This was the quote)

davesbest24@hotmail.com

THE PRICE FOR 2 PEOPLE IS $80. 1 WAY AND $150. ROUNDTRIP. OUR VAN PICKS UP ABOUT 10AM AND ARRIVES AT THE PIERS BETWEEN 12-1PM.

This e-mail is strictly to provide information. This is not a reservation. Due to the unreliability of the internet e-mail system, we are unable to book reservations online anymore. Please call our office at 1-215-288-1000. Thank you for your understanding. WE NOW OFFER PRIVATE TOWN CAR SERVICE. PRICES QUOTED ARE FOR VANS. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE TOWN CAR PLEASE LET US KNOW.

Merion Mom, thanks so much for the info --- it probably was your post I saw somewhere, but I had no idea where!! She lives at 2100 Chestnut, so either pickup point is a possibility. I'll forward your message on to her and let her decide the best way to get to the pier. Have a great time on the Crown, we'll be following your progress on the bridge cam.

Update, cynbar.

Dave's called me this morning, as they promised they would.

It is possible that lots of other people know about Dave's shuttle, or everyone read my post here on Cruise Critic! ;)

Our shuttle is making FOUR stops. We, alas, are the first. After picking us up at SEVEN THIRTY :eek: on City Avenue (a mere two miles from my house), the darned thing is going to stop in the Northeast at some place called the Valmont Towers, then stop in Huntingdon Valley (which is absurdly close to the other spot), then on to Southampton, THEN to Red Hook. OY.

Well, at least we know that OUR bags will fit!

It better be a mighty big shuttle. Even if there is only one couple at each pickup point, sixteen bags and eight carryons take up a LOT of space. :cool:

I don't know if there would be a pickup in Center City if someone called from there. I suspect that there would be.

Archived