Ionithermie treatment on Crown

MiamiU72

Recently posted ......by Luna....

Ok then, let me tell you that this spa treatment is very different from anything else I've tried onboard. I will quote randomly from the pamphlet for you: "Your therapist will measure you in approximately five differnent areas.....every trouble area is marked with crayon....products rich in algae, kelp and ivy are applied to the skin....a warm natural clay infused with algae is applied to the area being treated as electrodes (YIEKS!) are placed in specific areas......galvanic and faradic stimuli are activated! (ARRRR)....the clay and electrodes are removed....cooling body lotion is applied to the area....your therapist will re-measure your body..."

So quick question....was this an enjoyable experience...or did you feel you were being tortured? (she did say she lost 7.7 inches!), but are you in pain the whole time? Has anyone had these treatments? I had signed up, and have had algae and clay wraps before...just not the electrodes:)

So Luna...or anyone else...more details please!

Thanks...

Kathy

Very interesting! Please, somebody out there answer us. Since I'm a mom the pain factor is okay (giving birth is a bear-LOL), but what about the duration of lost inches. Will they creep back with every 8 ounce glass of water?

And I lost inches (helped me look great in my dresses!) I thought it was great until about the last 5-8 minutes, then I would tense up with every shock and I was praying for the person to come back in the room and shut it off! It really was uncomfortable towards the end. I think it is worth it though, and the pain is tolerable but I would ask before they leave the room what you should do if it gets too much to bear!

Kel

And I lost inches (helped me look great in my dresses!) I thought it was great until about the last 5-8 minutes, then I would tense up with every shock and I was praying for the person to come back in the room and shut it off! It really was uncomfortable towards the end. I think it is worth it though, and the pain is tolerable but I would ask before they leave the room what you should do if it gets too much to bear!

Kel

How soon did the inches creep back on?

i also had it done on carnival valor. the beginning is pretty good, although i hated being measured. towards the end of the treatment the musles spasms are pretty intense (and i can take pain) I "lost"11 1/2 inches ---so how is it i coundn't honestly say i noticed the difference sorry to say and of course dinner was in 3 hours but it was pampering, no i would not do it again put your money into a massage or facial :rolleyes: karon

i also had it done on carnival valor. the beginning is pretty good, although i hated being measured. towards the end of the treatment the musles spasms are pretty intense (and i can take pain) I "lost"11 1/2 inches ---so how is it i coundn't honestly say i noticed the difference sorry to say and of course dinner was in 3 hours but it was pampering, no i would not do it again put your money into a massage or facial :rolleyes: karon

Since I go to the spa to relax...I think I will be changing my appt! Thanks for the input. I didn't realize there were electrodes involved!!

but I was dieting at the time so I really can't say if they would have come back or not. It helps tighten the skin up, and since I had loose skin from losing weight, it helped me a lot. I would reccommend it for someone in my postion if your not happy about the way your dress fits in the hips or thighs, it may be worth it. If you are looking to relax I would pass it up for a massage or wrap (before you go if they still do those where you live).

Kel

Yes, I am curious too. I am somewhat slender (120 lbs), but with age have some celluite on my upper thighs - a problem area for me. I know the spas will tell you anything, so I rather hear more from those of you that have had this. I could afford to lose 3" on each thigh. Would this help? And again would it stay off. I plan to eat on the cruise, not diet. I expect to gain 10 lbs enjoying myself. So maybe doing this on a cruise is not right for me? Thank you for comments from those who had this done.

I did it many years ago on a Carnival ship. It's not worth it, plus it's not exactly comfortable - a little scary in fact. Of course, I had the extra fright of the therapist forgetting about the water she had running to clean out the mud bowl. Not exactly fun to be incapacitated with electrodes shocking you every 5 seconds while water starts spilling over onto the floor. And my body kept jumping off the table whenever I got zapped. I thought I was in a horror movie! I couldn't wait for it to be over.

I did lose 8 inches - 1/2 inch here, 1 inch there. Not all 8 inches in one place. All it does is tighten your muscles. Similar to those ab-belts they had back in the late 90's that didn't work. Those belts just zapped you for a half hour and you thought that you were getting a workout because you looked tighter. But it never actually built your abs.

Trust me - it comes back the next day especially on a cruise. The tighter muscles squeeze out water from around the area that was shocked. You can get the same effect by just working out for a 1/2 hour. That tightens your muscles too for alot less money (and horror).

Honestly, I would not do this treatment again. Throughout the intermittent shocks on my thighs I kept wondering, and finally asked the woman, if there could possibly be any weird side-affects (I know, I know...I should have asked that question before the treatment! :-)

Although she assured me that there could be no nerve damage or any other side affect like that, I was really gritting my teeth in anticipation of each new shock. There is no way I could refer to the session as a relaxing treatment.

My husband said that he did not see 7.7 inches less of me! HA! AND he said the only thing he noticed that was different after the treatment was that my hair had curled up!! LOLLLLLL (the CEO is quite a jokester! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from the Crown where I had two of these treatments and which I had had time for a third! It wasn't exactly pleasant, but it was well worth it for me.

I have been chronically ill for the past 8 years and have ALOT of toxins in my body from all the medicines that I have been on. I watched my body change into a tub of cottage cheese!!! I had major cellulite on my inner thighs (to the point that I would only wear capris and would rarely be seen in a bathing suit. I originally did this treatment for the detoxifying part, but after I saw the difference in my legs, I decided to endure another treatment. I am not exagerating when I tell you that I only have one minor "hole" of cellulite on my thighs!!

The gal who did my treatment was Haley. She has been doing this for years and was very good. The contractions do not have to be strong in order for it to work. If it starts to get too strong, tell her and she will turn it down. I guess that means that you should insist that they stay in the room with you!

It's been three days since my last treatment and so far the dreaded cottage cheese look has not returned and my skin has not lost it's tone.

I would suggest only going to someone who has a few years experience in this because I could definitly see where if not done properly, it would NOT be fun!!!!

I signed up for a treatment on the Sapphire in March '05. Thought the treatment was wonderful. Kept an eye on where I was measured and that the same tape was used in the same places after the treatment. I lost 14"!!! Hips, thighs and stomach. Skin appeared smoother and firmer. Did not puff up within days, but appeared less dimply for a couple of weeks. The treatment on ship cost $135.

The real problem is that the high pressure of sales tactics used in the spa. I also had a low voltage type of facial. I was told it would be a waste of time if I did not buy all the products in the skin care line. This was after I said that I would not be buying any of the products. (I am ashamed to admit that I spent $795 on the Ionithermie products while on the ship. Was told you could only purchase the products on the ship, they were not sold in the US. Two weeks later I learned the products can be purchased on ebay for A LOT LESS!!!!!!

However, the good lesson learned was about toxins. I did more research after I came back home. Went on a detox diet (now that is misery), but felt wonderful. Am continuing to eat the right foods and excercise. And it is truly the only way to get positive results.

Archived