What type of pages do you do in your cruise scrapbook album?

pampaul

We're going on our very first cruise in just two weeks and I'd like to start a list of different pages that I would like to create once the cruise is over. I plan on bringing a small journal/notebook to write in at the end of the day (just going to jot down, where we went, what we did, what we ate, weather, etc) I also plan to collect possible menus, daily newsletters, tickets, postcards, etc to incorporate into my pages too. My question though is, do you have specific pages that you do for your scrapbook? I have looked at many pages online and have found some very creative pages that I fell in love with and plan on doing the same for my album. Some were a page of the terminal, a page of the food they ate, a page of just coming in and out of the ports. I like these ideas and would like some others as well. I would like to do pages of the chocolate buffet, sunrise/sunset panoramics, life jacket page, a page of all restaurants and for the first page in my album, I would like to make a big 'ole journaling page that included our day to day activities, what we ate, what excursions we did, which shows we seen, where we ate, what the weather was like, etc. So let's get our creative minds working and come up with some great page ideas!!!

Pampaul,

Our first page is always the Welcome aboard photo, Sail Cards, Itinerary and if room, a photo of the ship.

I journal on each page to bring back a memory and explain some photos. Using the daily newsletter captions and port info helps set the stage for each adventure. You can pick up duplicate newsletters at the pursers desk and put them away so they don't get mucked up on the trip.

It's fun to start looking for stickers and decorations for the cruise now.

Debra

I agree and have started a few of those type of pages that you talked about already with headers etc and picking out pages that I want to use. I also agree to start and get other stuff for the pages when you shop. That way once home you will have everything you need to get started.

One tip I can add for colecting things - tickets, programs, daily newsletters, etc...

I travel with a 12x12 file folder. I found it in the scrapbooking section at Michaels Crafts. Mine has 12 tabs - 13 pockets. It is worth the little bit of space in my suitcase - if only for getting things home without folds and wrinkles.

I tend to scrap vacations chronologically and this has helped me have each days little extras, as well as notes in order and ready to go when I get home. You could use it to sort in any way that makes sense to you.

Once the photo's are developed a layout is easy.

Oh, that's a good idea. I would be able to put everything ifor that particular day in it's own slot. When I get a couple minutes to myself before bed, I plan on writing down a little bit of the day we had (where we went, what we did, what we ate, who we met, etc...that way it'd be easier to make a journaling page when I get home) And I'll put all the postcards, receipts, etc in that day's slot in the folder. Great idea. Now I have to make my way to Michaels before we go. ;)

I brought the journalling sheets with me, gave each of us a color, and strong armed my DS and DD to complete one for each port, and for the ship itself. (the DH did this willingly, no strong arming necessary). No one had to rewrite anything when we got home, and it was nice to have them done while the day's event's were fresh in everyone's mind.

My DS took pictures of meals, including the soda cans. I was able to make a few great pages with the meals. The everyday things make great shots. A picture of the soda in a Belizian can, with the chicken rice meal made one of my favorite pages.

I also shop in clearance at Joanns, ACMoore, Michaels, Walmart. Knowing we love to travel, when I see a good deal on stickers relating to cruises or destinations, I pick them up then.

Tgos, I love your idea, and will bring one of my files with me for storing the daily "momentos." Don't know why I never thought of that before!

idlewood4 - I love your idea of getting photo's of the everyday items like soda cans. I hadn't thought of how different they were bound to be in each port.

pampaul - Like you I take notes each day while the info is fresh. I have been know to write waiters names on coasters or take out menu's. I will jot down quotes from locals or tour guides while they are still fresh in my mind. If I don't write it down while it is fresh I won't have it for my journaling.

My CM rep has helped get me in the habbit of saving everything. Thanks to computers and scanners you can re-size alot of items to make your own embelishments. Crop logos - scan swizzle sticks - scan napkins....

An idea if you can't get your travel mates to journal daily. For my nephew's 16th birthday I took him for a week in Yellowstone. I was not able to get him to journal each night - harder for auntie to strongarm than mom I guess - but I did have him fill out a questionare on the drive home. -- The coolest thing I saw was... The craziest thing I did was... Next time we go I want to... The best animal was.. - you get the idea. This told me a lot about how to organize his album - what to feature and which photo's to enlarge. I included the questionare in a pocket in the back and made a copy for my own album of the trip. Both albums came out great and both are just a little bit different of the same week.

I, too, journal each day...usually at breakfast (since evening generally ends in total exhausted collapse!!) and carry a plastic file envelope for storing miscellany (8 1/2 X 14 for me).

DH has gotten almost too efficient at snagging brochures and keeping ticket stubs. Some of the museums and cathedrals have gorgeous artwork on their tickets.

The other thing I do is look for postcards that are perspectives of landmarks that I can see, but can't capture with my amateur camera equipment and limited time. The other postcards that make super album accents are pen & ink, charcoal or watercolor prints of landmarks. It's not hard to find postcard sized artwork, or even greeting cards (see photo), but if you find a larger print that you want to mat and frame, you can color copy a shrunken view for your scrapbook first.

In this one, I found a nice watercolor card, and included my journaling for the glacier tour inside the card. I also included the map of our glacier tour:

sbJuneau3AK.jpg

My greatest challenge in "scrapping" my cruises is keeping the book a manageable size. I'm only half-way through our Med Enchantment cruise album right now and I'm bumpin up on 25 pages!

The other thing I do is look for postcards that are perspectives of landmarks that I can see, but can't capture with my amateur camera equipment and limited time. The other postcards that make super album accents are pen & ink, charcoal or watercolor prints of landmarks. It's not hard to find postcard sized artwork, or even greeting cards (see photo), but if you find a larger print that you want to mat and frame, you can color copy a shrunken view for your scrapbook first.

Love this page - and the card is a beautiful compliment to your photo's.

I agree with buying one or two postcards to get the photo no amateur would ever be able to capture on their own.

Maps are a great embelishment also. I have a couple pages where the background paper is a road map with our route and stops marked. Just be sure to spray the map first to neutralize the acidity.

One tip I can add for colecting things - tickets' date=' programs, daily newsletters, etc...

I travel with a 12x12 file folder. I found it in the scrapbooking section at Michaels Crafts. Mine has 12 tabs - 13 pockets. [/quote']

I have a similar folder. Mine has 7 pockets, perfect for a seven day cruise. I got it at WalMart for $2.99. :D

One of my favorite pages (two pages)

LUGGAGE ON THE MOVE is the title and then I take pictures of everywhere my luggage goes from being empty on the bed , being filled up, in the car, in the airport transporter, to the airplane, in room etc. It turned out really cute. I also tried to add people who were touching the luggage such as bell hop, limo driver ect.

Archived