Excellence Catamaran - Antigua

KS starfish

I want to know more about this boat... how large is it? How many people does it hold? Do you cruise in and out of the bays or stay offshore? I am taking my first cruise in February and would welcome any information on this. Is this a good way to see the whole island?

We took this excursion Nov. 05. This is a new motorized catamaran that will hold maybe 100 people or so. The day we went out with them we were the only ship in port and we only had about 20 people on the boat. This boat circles the entire island of Antigua. We cruised through the Nelson dock yard and stopped at a cove/beach and snorkled. After snorkling they had lunch prepared and it was very good (grilled chicken/fish, with salad, roll, potato salad and desert. They have an open bar the entire trip and they were very attentive to everything. The excursion lasted about 6 hours. As for riding slowly along the cost into coves etc., they really did little of that. They did stop at one point and one of the deck hands dove to the bottom of the ocean and brought an orange starfish up for everyone to see and hold. The starfish was about 12 inches across. We are planning on doing this excursion again when we are there in a couple of weeks! Hope this helps you decide what to do.

Archived