Glory 12/30/06

rburns44

Made it home from the Glory! Beautiful ship but hard to get around in spots. Went to Orlando the 28th and spent 2 days at the Marriott Orlando. Doing renovations there. Perfect weather all around! Will write a review but will be happy to answer any ?'s before that.

Becky

Sallyb, Sorry we didn't go to St. Thomas. We went to Nassau, Belize, Cozumel, Costa Maya. Have been to Nassau before so just got off the ship, got some cigars and back on the ship. Sister and BIL had not been there before and did the Atlantis thing. They enjoyed the aquarium and digs.

Did St.Thomas before and did the dolphin swim. Loved that!

Becky

rburns, I am going the same places on the Glory on April. Tell me what did you do in Belize? Was the tendering bad? Is the ship easy to get around on? How many formal nights? How was the food in the dining area? Did you try the specialty restaurant? Thanks

Looking forward to reading your review soon. Can you please tell me where the laundry rooms are located on the Glory? We're sailing 3/24/07 and I can't find them on the deck plans. Our cabin is on the Lido deck. Thanks!

In Belize I had the beach break scheduled, but the day before we had hit Carlos and Charlies and was feeling up to par! So I didn't do the beach break. Just took the tender into Belize. It took about 19-15 minutes to get in. No big deal. I just shopped at the pier and hit the Pharmacy, went back and laid in the sun.

We did have issues with dinner. Platinium dining table 309. They crammed 9 of us into an eight rectangle table and couldn't move us. Lucy (waitress) was not friendly and had no assistant. They have also taken away the wine stewards. My BIL spoke to the MaitreD and he promised better service. Also promised us a bottle of wine every night the rest of the cruise (3 days left). Didn't happen until Lucy spoke to him. Just seemed like Lucy couldn't keep up and was stressed the whole time. Food was not up to Carnival's usual standards. Been on 11 Carnival cruises and never had any complaints so this was the exception. Didn't go to the specialty restaurant.

Sorry can't help with laundry. My room was 9247 on the Lido. I had free wash and it was great!

Becky

Just back from the New Year's Eve trip on Glory. We had an amazing time. The food and service in the Golden Dining room were excellent. Our servers Christine and I Kadek were the best. We were told of a public beach on Paradise Island called Cabbage beach. It was absolutely beautiful. If we go back to the Bahamas this is definetely where we will spend the day. You can take a taxi there for $4 a person, it takes about 15 minutes. There you can rent beach chairs ($10 - $15 for two) and they serve drinks right on the beach.

We thought the ship was very clean, we were told they were almost at capacity but the ship never felt crowded. You have to try the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake for dessert. Our table of ten had it EVERY night!!

They have a SMALL laundry room on each floor. You will have a book in your cabin that will show you where each one is. The iron on the 7th floor was TERRIBLE. It would not take our any wrinkles.

7356 - Very nice ship, and very well kept. You are also totally correct about that melting cake, I could not get enough of it, now I am having withdrawls, LOL.

I also have to say, how cool it is to see people you never met on the ship here, afterwards. It's really a small world with the internet ;-)

Rob

Looking forward to reading your review soon. Can you please tell me where the laundry rooms are located on the Glory? We're sailing 3/24/07 and I can't find them on the deck plans. Our cabin is on the Lido deck. Thanks!

We were on the Upper Deck and the laundry was around cabins 6273 - 6277 I believe.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/staterooms/stateroomdetail_GL_OB.aspx

Just back from the New Year's Eve trip on Glory. We had an amazing time. The food and service in the Golden Dining room were excellent. Our servers Christine and I Kadek were the best. We were told of a public beach on Paradise Island called Cabbage beach. It was absolutely beautiful. If we go back to the Bahamas this is definetely where we will spend the day. You can take a taxi there for $4 a person, it takes about 15 minutes. There you can rent beach chairs ($10 - $15 for two) and they serve drinks right on the beach.

We thought the ship was very clean, we were told they were almost at capacity but the ship never felt crowded. You have to try the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake for dessert. Our table of ten had it EVERY night!!

They have a SMALL laundry room on each floor. You will have a book in your cabin that will show you where each one is. The iron on the 7th floor was TERRIBLE. It would not take our any wrinkles.

WOuld you happen to know if you could do any snorkeling at Cabbage Beach in the Bahamas? We are trying to find a beach not too far from the pier to go snorkeling & swimming for a little while.

rburns44, Did you dock at Cozumel?

Yes, we docked in Cozumel which was way easier than the tendering from our February cruise.

Also, in Belize, we did the Cave tubing with the dot com team. They are absolutely the best. You have to do this once in your life. It was my sons' highlight of the cruise (12 and 15). They LOVED it and us too.

P.S. PLEASE Don't remind me of this warm, melting, delicious chocolate cake... :D

Had a great time overall. Ship was great. Food was great. Weather was great. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Hi All, thanks for your post. My family and I were planning to sail the Glory on next years New Years Eve bring in 2008 cruise. We are totally wondering what the ship was like for New Years Eve? Was the Christmas decoration still up for the New Years sailing? Was there a big celebration New Years Eve night? Was there decorations for Eve night time celebration, how about fireworks or anything like that? Can we bring our own decorations and hang it outside the cabin doors? Did they have party favors for all? Where on the ship did they host the Eve celebrations, or was it all over the ship that night? Did they have special New Years Day dining options? Can you catch the games New Years Day? Most of all was the happy spirits flowing and the party atmosphere happening during the hold sailing..smile?

OK as you can see I'm really interested in having a party good time. I just hope that we picked the right ship for that... want those clubs to be jumping if you know what I mean.

One other thing, we would love to know what shore excursions you really enjoyed... If you can recommend anything that would be nice.

Thanks to all.. Have a Super New Year...!!!!!!

Archived