Spanish Bay Reef Resort

dpomes

Has anyone done this excursion through RCI? I tried to search the forum, but I keep getting errors. :mad:

I pulled up the website for the resort, and it looks really nice. I just wondered if it was worth the $$.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Just wanted to let you know that we just did this excursion Feb 18-25 sailing of the Freedom OS. It was just ok. I think too expensive for what was provided. I also think that the Beach Colony club is owned by the same people....

Drinks were good. (DS is a teen, so no alcohol for him so why the same price as an adult??)

Food was very good - Hamburgers, fries, salad, chicken (kinda expected more for the $$$) DS loved the FF

Pool is small but clean.

No where near enough loungers near the pool or on the beach to accommodate the number of people.

My DH & DS did the snorkeling - nothing great. They wished we had done stingray city again.

I think if we ever do this itinerary again we will just stay on the ship or try & figure out what would be the best snorkeling area.

too many people in general when there are so many ships in port

treefrog

Thanks for the info.! We still cannot decide what to do. My 6 year old has no interest in swimming with stingrays, plus dh and I have already done it on a previous cruise. I change my mind daily on what we should do! :rolleyes:

Did this ship's excursion a few yrs ago. It was a long ride through congested roads, The bus to get us there was late so we lost time on our all inclusive day--not a problem as most voted to return early. It's a cute but not gorgeous resort with a nice but not great buffet. Very nice open bar if that's what you like... Includes snorkel etc--very small beach we had a nice day but would not go again been there done that! & a very congested traffic trip back

Archived