How Do We Top Our Almost Perfect Sapphire Cruise?

MNYTRPS2GO2

We have been back for two weeks now from our wonderful cruise on the Sapphire. This was probably the best cruise out of the five we have been on, although we did enjoy each and every one of them.

I always like to have a few vacations in reserve. My problem is we go to Las Vegas in a few weeks(yes, I know this is quite a problem to have)but then we have nothing else planned. We will still have some vacation time to use and would like to get away in November or December. I know I can get some great cruise deals for that time, especially since our time off can be quite flexible.

This is crazy (as I am too), but I am having a hard time deciding on another cruise since our last was so wonderful. We had absolutely nothing to complain about. The weather in Alaska even cooperated. I wonder if we should just hold on to these memories for awhile and wait to book later when this feeling goes away.

I know another cruise will be great in it's own way and there are a lot more problems in the world than this. I know I'm very lucky to be able to do this at this stage in my life as I have paid my dues in the past and nobody promises any of us tomorrow. I just thought I would throw this out there for suggestions.

If you've got the vacation time coming and you've got the bucks, go for it! Like you said, nobody promises you tomorrow and none of us know what that tomorrow is going to look like. Your life can change on a dime overnight. Do it while you can and make new memories. They just may be even better than your great cruise on the Sapphire!

Here is an idea.. try her Sister, we LOVE Diamond, and are sailing her with a FUN group on 11/27 and 12/4 to Mexico. Going to be warm and fun. We are hooked on the two gems and will be bouncing back and forth between the Twins until further notice. Rates are GREAT too.

The Diamond does sound like a good idea and I had previously considered her. We have always wanted to sail that route and I intend to do some research. If we went in late November we could leave Thanksgiving day(cheap airfare) and mooch dinner off my sister-in-law in Orange County!

Another thought was the Caribbean Princess from Ft Lauderdale. Also new ship with a shorter plane ride. The only thing is that we have visited all the ports, but staying onboard and enjoying the lack of crowds is also appealing.

Living on the East Coast leaves us lots of options. Now that Southwest airlines has come to town and the other airlines are running scared, it isn't that difficult to get a good rate for a last minute flight.

I guess I'll shop around and when something good hits me in the face I'll be ready to book again.

Archived