Disappointed in the "Horseback Beach Break"

MrsAggie

We had to wait 40 minutes after getting off the ship before we boarded the bus to go to the Reef Club. The drive there was about 30 minutes. While on the beach one of the horses just stopped and rolled over on it's rider. Thank God we were on sand, so the girl was able to slide out from under the horse. I don't think she was badly hurt but it sure freaked us all out and shook the girl up quite a bit.

Then we went to the club to eat, drink and hang out at the pool. The drinks were included in the pirce of the excursion but the buffet was $15. When I went to pay with a $20. they informed me they'd have to give me change in pesos. But there was a stack of ones and fives right there in plain sight. I found my own change but the buffet wasn't even worth the $15. I would not recommend this excursion. It was not worth the $90.

Christy

MrsAggie. I just booked my fourth annual extended land vacation to Merida and the Yucatan State. I discovered this area on two previous Celebrity cruises. There is just soooo much to do and experience. I spent two nights at the Reef a couple of years ago. It's nice and very pretty. The food was only OK but the drinks were real good. I guess I'm just not into all-inclusives. I prefer to get into the local culture and visit some rural towns and eat the local food.

We had to wait 40 minutes after getting off the ship before we boarded the bus to go to the Reef Club. The drive there was about 30 minutes. While on the beach one of the horses just stopped and rolled over on it's rider. Thank God we were on sand, so the girl was able to slide out from under the horse. I don't think she was badly hurt but it sure freaked us all out and shook the girl up quite a bit.

Then we went to the club to eat, drink and hang out at the pool. The drinks were included in the pirce of the excursion but the buffet was $15. When I went to pay with a $20. they informed me they'd have to give me change in pesos. But there was a stack of ones and fives right there in plain sight. I found my own change but the buffet wasn't even worth the $15. I would not recommend this excursion. It was not worth the $90.

Christy

I have a question, my friends plan to do this excursion in 'Aug but one of their party weighs in a 290 lbs.. and I know usually there is a weight limit but they are thinking once they get there.they will have a horse for him or just allow him to ride. .. I have gone horseback riding before in mexico.. actually cozumel and if I remember correctly... they were pretty skimpy

looking...do you think they would still let him ride??? \

also,, was it a good..trail... I know you did not care for this excursion... but was the ride good at least

I did enjoy the ride myself. I was suprised that the horses were as big as they were. One of the other passengers on the way there mentioned the horses might look more like ponies but they were fairly large horses.

It was a 35 minute ride and most of that that was through sandy low brush.

Christy

I did enjoy the ride myself. I was suprised that the horses were as big as they were. One of the other passengers on the way there mentioned the horses might look more like ponies but they were fairly large horses.

It was a 35 minute ride and most of that that was through sandy low brush.

Christy

thank you..do you think they would have a horse that would carry a person who weighs 290 lbs... as one of their travelers weighs about that..and I think they have a weight limit... but he still wants to try and see if they will have a horse for him..:)

Archived